Spark Plugs / Oil - C180 Kompressor (04)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These sensors. Found at decent price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022-154409_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022-154409_eBay.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 8
These sensors. Found at decent price.
Yes, but keep in mind that it's just an extension lead (not an actual sensor) that protects the main wiring loom from getting soaked in oil from a leaking camshaft position sensor. It's good to have as extra protection, but obviously you will still need to check if the sensors are leaking, and fix the problem if they are....

Ill have a decent look tomorrow afternoon, as half day tomorrow. Will have to clean all the oil off first. Best product for degreasing/cleaning? Without damaging sensors.

Once ive got to the bottom of the oil leak, looking at Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 or mobil super 3000 x1 5w40 oil wise. Prob best to use a decent one, after reading about the chain. So decent oil is a must.
Putting the best oil in is wise, but if you have read up on the cam chain issue on this engine you will have seen cars with full MB service history have still suffered cam chain/sprocket failure. The issue was not cheap oil and missed services - although neither helps - the issue was poor quality parts from the factory.

Wheres the best place to get these from? And the appropriate seals. Anywhere online? As i will replace these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-095837_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-095837_YouTube.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 6
Seals

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-095758_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-095758_YouTube.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 7
The seals pointed to may need replacement to prevent external oil leaks but the extension leads referred to above are to prevent oil getting through the wiring harness from an internal leak and that wouldn't be cured by replacing that seal. To check for internal leaks just unplug the cable to see if any oil is present.

Jackson 7715, I have to say I have a 2004 C180k with the same engine and have not had any of the above problems so please don't assume that you will have these problems with your car, I've really enjoyed owning and driving mine, now on 203K, it's reasonably economical (depends on how heavy my boot is) and quick. I would recommend regular service and oil changes, ATF & filter change if an auto and use good quality parts. MB Newcastle on Ebay are a good source. Enjoy it...

Heres a picture of where it looks like i have a leak. I will clean it up later and see where its coming from.

My car is 130k, and is a manual gearbox. Im guessing ATF is for automatic gearboxes, si presuming i wont have one of them?

Ive got oil/filter, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs bought to do at some point.

I love the car, few cosmetic blemishes i need to sort but will get around to that.

Jackson 7715, I have to say I have a 2004 C180k with the same engine and have not had any of the above problems so please don't assume that you will have these problems with your car, I've really enjoyed owning and driving mine, now on 203K, it's reasonably economical (depends on how heavy my boot is) and quick. I would recommend regular service and oil changes, ATF & filter change if an auto and use good quality parts. MB Newcastle on Ebay are a good source. Enjoy it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191025-082435_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191025-082435_Gallery.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 10
Dont think its ever been cleaned under here.

Ive finally managed to get round to taking these magnets off, cleaning up and have put new seals on fronts and inside. Also put some instant gasket around the plugs. I will monitor it now, fingers crossed it wont leak now. Otherwise ill need new magnets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-192913_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-192913_Gallery.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom