Spark plugs replacement interval

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nighthawks25

Car
W205 C43 Coupe
Just got a "non-binding" service quotation from my dealership - on that they recommended spark plug replacement.

My car is exactly 3 years old c43 with 13k miles done.
I need to double check my manual on this point, but isn't that bit too early for new spark plugs?

Thanks for your input

It’s not necessarily about replacing but about loosening and refitting so they don’t seize in their threads.

It's usually every 4 years, but might be 3 years on AMG cars? Either way go with what ESS says:

Mercedes-Benz UK | Electronic Service Sheet

The idea is to replace the spark plug in order to prevent them from sticking in the thread. I.e. the spark plugs themselves are usually good for 40k miles, but if not replaced to the specified frequency then it may become impossible to remove them in future.

The older AMG's were every 4 years or 50k miles but possibly changed on the more recent models.
A guide should be in the user manual noting the recommended interval.

Nothing in the user manual book - but going with ESS it is 3 years (or 46k miles), so I guess I am fine with it. Thanks for all the replies.

Hi,
It is 3 years or 46k miles, which ever is the sooner, so they will need doing to maintain FMSH.

Nothing in the user manual book - but going with ESS it is 3 years (or 46k miles), so I guess I am fine with it. Thanks for all the replies.
BTW, it's not in the Owners Manual, but in the Service Booklet (which is a separate booklet). But if you don't have the Service Booklet then just go with ESS (which will probably be more up-to-date anyway).

Unfortunately, it would seem that it's no longer in the service Booklet now, certainly for some models, if not all. I picked up a new one last week and sat down to read all the manuals and the only reference in the thinned-down service booklet is to A and B services and the interval (but no mention of mileage). No mention of actual service requirements, although oil specs are mentioned. I've emailed MB requesting further info..

Update:
MB replied with a link to the Electronic Service Sheet , so it would seem that there is now no easy way to work out what is required and at what mileage / time interval. Yes, it's there, but you have to fiddle around making up vehicle ages and mileages to find out what the ESS stipulates. Progress, eh :rolleyes:

As above.

See also:

Mercedes-Benz UK | Electronic Service Sheet

This is not specific for your particular vehicle, instead it is generic for your model of car (so won't know exactly when the next service is due for your particular car), but it will tell what you what's due in the next service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom