Spark plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longman h

Car
E63 Biturbo Estate
I've tried searching and can't find anything concrete so was wondering if someone could confirm when the spark plugs need changing on an E63 biturbo please?

I think it's either 6 years or 60k miles but was hoping someone could clarify.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What car?

Ha, what a div. It might help if I gave that small insignificant bit of detail.

It's an E63 biturbo.

(Original post now edited)

Last edited:
Not the 5.5 biturbo but the M156. Mine just changed by MB at 4 year service. Hard to see a biturbo AMG engine to be much different to this.

Ha, what a div. It might help if I gave that small insignificant bit of detail.

It's an E63 biturbo.

(Original post now edited)

I did mine at 28k as i felt 30k miles on a mapped set of plugs is more than enough, i replaced with genuine oem Merc plugs from Merc, cost me £67 and about 4hrs of my time taking things slow.
You do need an array of special tools mind, not the easiest job i've done by any stretch, the rear two plugs are a nightmare....
And they have to be torqued to 25nm so all plugs are "indexed"

I did mine at 28k as i felt 30k miles on a mapped set of plugs is more than enough, i replaced with genuine oem Merc plugs from Merc, cost me £67 and about 4hrs of my time taking things slow.

You do need an array of special tools mind, not the easiest job i've done by any stretch, the rear two plugs are a nightmare....

And they have to be torqued to 25nm so all plugs are "indexed"

Cheers mate. So if I pop the car over to you with a few chilled brewsky's, you'll take care of mine?!?! [emoji106]

Cheers mate. So if I pop the car over to you with a few chilled brewsky's, you'll take care of mine?!?! [emoji106]

Well i certainly dont mind doing it but if the motor your looking at is due its B0 service then they will be changed on that anyway.

If you go to book the car in on MB website it'll give you a run down of all the items to be changed and a price.
I'd insist the dealer does the service as the B0 is about £600-700

But if you dont get the service done then by all means i'll happily do it, but tbh your better off taking the car to merc if you want to retain your paint warranty and corrision warranty as if any services are missed etc the warranty is void.

Well i certainly dont mind doing it but if the motor your looking at is due its B0 service then they will be changed on that anyway.

If you go to book the car in on MB website it'll give you a run down of all the items to be changed and a price.

I'd insist the dealer does the service as the B0 is about £600-700

But if you dont get the service done then by all means i'll happily do it, but tbh your better off taking the car to merc if you want to retain your paint warranty and corrision warranty as if any services are missed etc the warranty is void.

Yeah that makes perfect sense mate and thanks again for the help.
I was quoted around 800 all in for the service which included the spark plugs as well, that was just on the Merc website.

So am I right in thinking that a monthly service plan, even just for a year at £69 a month, would make the most financial sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom