sparrows egg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terry@yarmouth

Car
E280 cdi elegance 7g
help i was at work today, yes they made me work on a bank holiday, dinner time was bored so thought i would have a go at removing couple of scratches on front wing. 1200 wet n dry then t-cut, polish. first one went fine, never to be seen again. next one different story, rubbed out the scratch wet n dry, plenty of water. dried it off sickening feeling through the laquerto base coat nice little oval shade, before i do anymore damage anyone got any ideas the best way forward. gutted or what, its right on top of wing to be seen by anyone who wants to take the proverbial. should have left well alone.

I would be inclined to gently polish the base coat area and then try spraying the area [after masking up] with a little clear lacquer from aerosol can . Try to keep the area sprayed to a minimum but avoid "edges" by feathering and moving your masking "orifice" around slightly. [ I find a suitable hole cut in one side of a cereal packet with the other side removed to be useful ] ------- avoid laying down a thick coat -- several light coats till the matt colour appearance disappears THEN LEAVE for a week-- then polish down carefully. Really depends on your paint colour deep colour pigments may be recoverable but very light metallics will pose a problem since the depth of clear lacquer tends to alter the perceived colour shade the eye sees. Failing that its off to a good chip/dent repairer for some professional airbrush work. If this is something you have never done then best to leave it to the pros

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, yes it is light (brilliant silver) guess its off to the chip/dent repairers before i do anymore damage. any idea what these people charge ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom