Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jimmy, Jan 11, 2003.

1. jimmy

jimmy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
    As some of you will know I have just installed a Sat Nav system, I am very pleased with the system and the sound quality but my car has always been lacking 'volume' from the rear.

My estate has dash tweeters and speakers in both front and rear doors but that is it, no subs or anything else!

What would be the best way to improve the sound quality? It looks like there would be room to install speakers in the lower part of the tailgate, what size speakers would I need and would I also need an amplifier?

The easiest option would be to add an active subwoofer box to the boot but I would prefer it to be 'built-in'.

I had better add that I am not a bass-junkie and I dont want to make my ears bleed:p .

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Jimmy.

2. fuzzer

fuzzer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    F25 X3 20d SE
    Why not get a pair of two piece component speakers.

Mount the Mid in the usual place in the back door and mount tweeter facing the rear seats in the B pillar?

Just about ear height.

And there is an install for the sub in the boot as im sure someone will post. Its built into the near side rear of the load bay. someone made a custom box to fit into there.

Tags: