Speaker grille replacement & scuffed trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skunkiphunki

Car
Mercedes CLK 220 CDI Avantgarde 2008
Hey everyone...

Brand new to this forum, and new to the world of mb!

Just bought a CLK 220 CDI 2008 Avantgarde, and a am loving it. Starting up in a business for myself, and after years of having vauxhall company cars... (Last car an insignia) - I'm loving the upgrade (even though the new merc is older!).

I have a slight tear/dent in the speaker grille (cover) on the passenger side door and want to replace it for the sake of perfection! Any ideas on how to source one at a reasonable price?

I also have a light scuff on the face of the glove box door... Is there an easy fix for this?

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never 'cared' for a car before!

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.
The speaker grilles are damaged by the seatbelt clouting them when someone exits carelessly.
You can get them new on ebay if you keep an eye out. If there isn't one on now, there should be one come up in the next week or so.
I think the door panel has to come off to change it - that's why I haven't done mine :/
For the glovebox lid, either ebay for a good second hand one, or one of the mobile dent repairers might be able to do a SMART repair.

Awesome.... Thanks for the advice ted! Will look into ebay etc... :0)

Speakers grill are around £20 from the main dealer, drill out the old one from the back (so panel off) then use a soldering iron/hot knife to melt the pegs down on the new one.

As Auto mobile has said £20 ish from MB & a simple fix, but I had to take the door trim off.

Just watch the seat belt ends as they do catch & cause the damage

Thanks guys - u lot r a great help! :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom