Speaker replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JOB-BLACK-RAT

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 5 series 'ahem'
Hello again folks,

'Nother little prob with my 2003 C220 (pre facelift) the rear N/S parcel shelf speaker has blwon and the cone vibrates something rotten, :crazy: are those Halfords pattern speakers any good or do I need to see the man at MG again?

Thank in advance.

No reply yet so thought I'd re post, any opinions on the speakers?

Hello again folks,

'Nother little prob with my 2003 C220 (pre facelift) the rear N/S parcel shelf speaker has blwon and the cone vibrates something rotten, :crazy: are those Halfords pattern speakers any good or do I need to see the man at MG again?

Thank in advance.

I don't know if the speakers you are referring to are any good but would advise against just swapping out one speaker if you are going for a different type. It's response will be different to your existing ones and as you obviously like to turn your music up :rock: may not sound good against what you have already.

I'm not an expert, just my 2p's worth

Worth checking with the dealership, they may have the odd pair lying around in stock that they would sell at a bargain price. Definitely recommend replacing both at the same time. Alternatively, take out the busted one, check the size and replace both with a decent set of similar sized speakers from a reputable manufacturer e.g. JBL, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony etc, or if you can find a pair of Diamond Audio speakers, they are absolutely the bees knees, but pricey. I retro fitted a pair in my W201 rear shelf and they are stunningly good and subtle looking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom