Speaker sizes in a 1996 S500 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Setanta

Hi

Has anyone replaced the speakers in this model?

I have been digging around on the net and mostly appears to be horror stories from the US of them being custom made for each position.

The rear parcel shelf has two speakers but space for 4 (I presume on the S600/CL600) and then there are the doors.

Not looking to spend a fortune or to add on fibreglass pods (as one place suggested!!!) but rather to replace what are now probably 11 year old speakers - anything would be an improvement I would guess!

Thanks

James

Thanks for that - looks like it lists every option!

What I was thinking of doing was an amp, then two woofers in the empty spaces for the low range, and coaxials in the existing occupied rear spaces and in the doors to cover the midrange and upper range

I don't want to spend more than a couple of hundred a car is pretty much the worst place for audio! (although the crypt that is an S coupe means that it is at least quiet!)

Thanks - I remember his webpage.

Mine is running an aftermarket headunit and also does not have the BOSE amps that the US markets appeared to have - rumour has it that the V12's in the UK got this system however?

Anyways, also not too keen of the thoughts of someone going to work on the doors panels - I wonder why manufacturer's can't design the speaker grills where you can pop them off and acess the speakers without having to take the door panels off!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom