Speaker upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fergalw204

Car
C220 sport facelift
I have a pair of Hertz Hi Energy 165XL speakers laying around from an old install, as I have the standard paper speakers in my W204 I am thinking of installing these to improve the sound with the Audio 20.

does anyone know where the crossover box is installed in the w204 so I can take the feed from the HU straight to the Hertz crossover, that seem to be my only stumbling block the the moment, previously I amped my old installs so all the cables were laid from the HU-amp-speaker.

Last edited:
Don't forget the panel damping and egg box noise absorber.

Sound deadening with be carried out during the install mate.
I may as well put the speakers to good use although I’m not expecting big things with them only using the internal amp of the audio 20.

No crossover. Head unit (or amp if you have HK) feeds woofer, woofer feeds tweeter, tweeter has a capacitor on the back to cut out low frequencies.

So you'll need to put the crossover in the door somewhere.

Richard

No crossover. Head unit (or amp if you have HK) feeds woofer, woofer feeds tweeter, tweeter has a capacitor on the back to cut out low frequencies.

So you'll need to put the crossover in the door somewhere.

Richard
Thanks, that’s easy enough, do you know if a bracket/spacer is needed for the speaker or will it go straight in without causing obstruction with the window.
I really like to add a amp to power the speakers but I haven’t seen many examples in the w204.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom