Speaker upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissVix

Car
E220 CDI coupe
Hi

My 2016 E220 has good sound quality but I'd like better however there must be a better alternative than dropping over £2000 on a Harman Kardon setup - any recommendations?

Comand Online have previously recommended upgrading the speakers to me. They usually suggest Morel speakers.

You could get in touch via [email protected]. Let them have your VIN and an idea of what you're looking for and they'll advise accordingly. 😊

Hi

My 2016 E220 has good sound quality but I'd like better however there must be a better alternative than dropping over £2000 on a Harman Kardon setup - any recommendations?
You can achieve a lot better than HK by spending a lot less too.

Email me your vin number to [email protected] with a brief description of what you would like to get from the upgrade.

comandonline.co.uk upgraded the speakers on my C-Class by fitting 4 Morel speakers in the doors and an Alpine flat subwoofer in the boot.

The sound quality is amazing and their workmanship is top notch - highly recommended.

I've bought a set of used HK speakers (tweeters, front door and rear door) for £100 for my 2013 W204. I have a faulty rear speaker needing replaced anyway and I've never been into audio builds. Will I notice any difference or did I throw away £100? 😂

You can achieve a lot better than HK by spending a lot less too.

Email me your vin number to [email protected] with a brief description of what you would like to get from the upgrade.

Alfie what do you recommend for my facelift S204 , I haven't removed the rear door card but presume I've these stock coaxial's with an angled up tweeter as the rear door card upper tweeter grill is fake !

s-l400 (9).jpg

Comand Online have previously recommended upgrading the speakers to me. They usually suggest Morel speakers.

You could get in touch via [email protected]. Let them have your VIN and an idea of what you're looking for and they'll advise accordingly. 😊
Problem is they're at the other end of the country and I'm not making a 600 mile round trip just for some speakers.

Been hearing good things about the French company Focal .

View attachment 110472

Only £120 .
Who can fit them though?

Problem is they're at the other end of the country and I'm not making a 600 mile round trip just for some speakers.

You can but the Morel speakers from Comand UK, though obviously you'll still need to find a local fitter.

It's not difficult , plenty of how to on YouTube , if uncomfortable even a mechanic could do it considering the amount of central locking units they replace .

I've done my own on another car .

Door skin panel damping and all .

images (1) (2).jpeg

3849e98b-ff92-4280-9544-9b6396832296_zps2fdda5d7.jpg

Screenshot_20210228-193337_Gallery.jpg

Will definitely address the Merc's rear doors at some point as the tweeter is fake and it's just a stock coaxial and sounds it .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom