Speakers for a W202..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aero_Bar

Car
Mercedes CLK Class (W209)
Hi there, i dont know to much about my electronics, but i was after some new speakers for my car, year 97' 202. I wanted to replace the front doors and rear doors. I think they are 6". Was just wondering whether this was the case..?

Also i will most likely buy online, can anybody recommend anything from personal experience...? (links would be great!!)

Thanks.

Bose and I know where there is a set just waiting to be removed from a car and sold :rolleyes:

Hi there, i dont know to much about my electronics, but i was after some new speakers for my car, year 97' 202. I wanted to replace the front doors and rear doors. I think they are 6". Was just wondering whether this was the case..?

Also i will most likely buy online, can anybody recommend anything from personal experience...? (links would be great!!)

Thanks.

Forget about doing the rear doors. They are a total waste of time and don't do much. Also they are a different size to the front doors.

Change the front door and the parcel shelf speakers for an immediate improvement.

Note that aftermarket speakers need an adapter fitted in order to mate the speaker to the door or parcel shelf. Plenty of correct adapters for sale on Ebay.

W202 Speaker upgrade

Hi buddy,
I've been doing some research myself on w202 upgrades. My 2000 c200 has 6.5 inch components (shallow depth) in the fronts, 4 inch mids in the rear doors and 6.5 inch on the rear shelf. I have found autoleads produce plastic adaptors to allow fitment of any off the shelf speaker. Well I say that but im waiting for a response back from autoleads about if there is an adaptor available for the rear door, I'll keep u posted on that one.

By the way does anyone know the clearance in cm under the seat for fitment of a small sub?

Thanks

Neal

Last edited:
Hi buddy,
I've been doing some research myself on w202 upgrades. My 2000 c200 has 6.5 inch components (shallow depth) in the fronts, 4 inch mids in the rear doors and 6.5 inch on the rear shelf. I have found autoleads produce plastic adaptors to allow fitment of any off the shelf speaker. Well I say that but im waiting for a response back from autoleads about if there is an adaptor available for the rear door, I'll keep u posted on that one.

By the way does anyone know the clearance in cm under the seat for fitment of a small sub?

Thanks

Neal

Autoleads do adaptors for the back doors but only for a 10cm speaker which is annoying as I've got a set of 13cm Infinity's that I bought for the back door which I can't fit, but I was looking at Car Audio Security (which is very local to me) and they have a set of Infinity: Reference 4032CF - 10cm speakers which are good for installing on doors with low speaker fittings, I have the 16.5cm of these on my shelf and they sound amazing, I plan to get another set for my front doors,

Last edited:
Hi,
There is a company called Jehnert that use to do complete door builds on the front doors of a W202's, I have these fitted on the front doors of my C43 and they do sound fantastic, it replaces the standard front door speaker and tweeter with 2 6.5" Subs, 1 5" Mid range and a multi-position tweeter (Infinity speakers I believe though they are branded Jehnert) in each door.
I have some pictures on the forum somewhere of these builds, the company also do door builds for other MB's CLK 208 for example.
I have left my standard rear door speakers and shelf speakers (inc. sub) in situ. my only complaint is I need an additional sub in the back as the standard MB one is not up to the task.
I agree That the rear door speakers are a complete waste of time, and the rear ones are not that much better to be honest, not without some serious amount of dynamatting on the existing shelf, boot and boot lid skin, and the elimination of plastic speaker mountings.

sorry to steel the post!!!! Does anyone know where i can get some vito speakers from? Been to my local scrappy but he aint got none!

I've got a set of Alpine Type R speakers that I have just removed from my dead W202 and they worked a treat. 2 rears, 2 fronts, excellent sound. If your interested drop me a pm and i can tell you the model and even get you pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom