Speakers

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by J666GAK, Jul 26, 2008.

1. J666GAK

J666GAK New Member

I have recently had the Pioneer Avic-X1 head unit installed in my CLK (W208), for audio and navagation. However I can hear the speakers crackling a bit now, and think its because the can't cope with the power of the head unit.

Somebody mentioned to me that they thought MB install Bose speakers as standard, is that correct? Are they 6.5" components in the front and 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf?

Am I also right in thinking that there is an amp under the drivers/passengers seat?

Cheers

Guy

2. gurpz

gurpz Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    Mercedes C230K Sport
    The Bose speakers were never a standard option however were a extra option. If your car does not have the Bose sound system it will have the standard setup which is 17cm components at front and 17cm coaxials in the rear shelf. To replace these factory speakers you will need adaptor plates.

3. OP
    OP
    J666GAK

J666GAK New Member

I don't think that original buyer purchased any extras, so I dbout he will have gone for the Bose upgrade.

So they speakers are 17cm in the front and back, just that they are components in the front.

Great, thanks for the help

4. Ian_C

Ian_C Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 Black
    Guys,

Any idea how to access the rear speakers on the CLK. I have tried getting the grills off, but they won't budge.

Thanks

Ian

5. Chattonmill

Chattonmill Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E55 AMG
    Take the door card off and they are easily accesible.

6. Ian_C

Ian_C Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 Black
    errrr I meant the rears, in the rear shelf. Is it a take the whole shelf out, or prise the grills and push through, as long as you have pushed in the tabs on the speaker bucket.

Ta Ian

Tags: