Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J666GAK

I have recently had the Pioneer Avic-X1 head unit installed in my CLK (W208), for audio and navagation. However I can hear the speakers crackling a bit now, and think its because the can't cope with the power of the head unit.

Somebody mentioned to me that they thought MB install Bose speakers as standard, is that correct? Are they 6.5" components in the front and 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf?

Am I also right in thinking that there is an amp under the drivers/passengers seat?

Cheers

Guy

The Bose speakers were never a standard option however were a extra option. If your car does not have the Bose sound system it will have the standard setup which is 17cm components at front and 17cm coaxials in the rear shelf. To replace these factory speakers you will need adaptor plates.

I don't think that original buyer purchased any extras, so I dbout he will have gone for the Bose upgrade.

So they speakers are 17cm in the front and back, just that they are components in the front.

Great, thanks for the help

Guys,

Any idea how to access the rear speakers on the CLK. I have tried getting the grills off, but they won't budge.

Thanks

Ian

Take the door card off and they are easily accesible.

errrr I meant the rears, in the rear shelf. Is it a take the whole shelf out, or prise the grills and push through, as long as you have pushed in the tabs on the speaker bucket.

Ta Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom