Special menus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ady

Car
E 220d Estate
I have read in places about special “hidden” menus on the comand 2 systems and some climate control systems that are accessed by pressing certain key combinations.
Does anyone know if there are any such goodies to play with on the comand 3 or the W211 4-zone climate control?

Ady said:
I have read in places about special “hidden” menus on the comand 2 systems and some climate control systems that are accessed by pressing certain key combinations.
Does anyone know if there are any such goodies to play with on the comand 3 or the W211 4-zone climate control?

Why do people call COMAND APS comand 3 ..... its so lame.

Press 3-5-7 on the COMAND APS in the W211 when in radio mode.

miro said:
Didn't realise the older systems were not also APS so I was just clarifying which version I was referring to :eek:. Just out of interest, what does the APS stand for?

Press 3-5-7 on the COMAND APS in the W211 when in radio mode
Many thanks for that. I will give it a go latter.

Are there any such 'secrets' for the comand 2 (w210 E320 CDi Avantgarde)?

botdoc said:
Are there any such 'secrets' for the comand 2 (w210 E320 CDi Avantgarde)?

Hold down Mute+1+3 together, in Radio mode - you will get to the diagnostic menus.

S.

Thanks - I was just curious, but now I'll have to go outside in the dark and fiddle with it.

you can solicit to change in that menu, e.g. the number of of the gps antennas

Any one know the service code for the W211 Comand DVD? Is it the same?

or are we talking about this system anyway??

miro said:

Press 3-5-7 on the COMAND APS in the W211 when in radio mode.
Is this for the W211 with DVD COMAND?
If so, do you hold down the 3-5-7 all at the same time?
I assume this to be the case.

carlh94 said:
Goldfish...IS THAT A 211 E55 in your Avatar?

We try to do our bit for the environment in Europe. Not like you fuel guzzling Americans with cheap fuel and big engines! ;)

My systems in the E220CDI 43mpg :D

Goldfish11 said:
We try to do our bit for the environment in Europe. Not like you fuel guzzling Americans with cheap fuel and big engines! ;)

My systems in the E220CDI 43mpg :D

Cheap Fuel ....... Yes Premium in the Greater Chicago area averages $ 2.05 per US Gallon (approx. 0.8 of an Imperial Gallon), on average, so that equates to about GBP 1.40 per Imperial Gallon. And that is HIGH! It was about $ 1.60 nine months ago.

Big Engines ....... Yes. As to why? Well it's a bit like Mount Everest ....... Because they are there! The cars are a lot cheaper too. Base price on an E55 is about $80,000.00, or GBP 44,500.00, about GBP 18,000.00 less than the UK.

American .......NO! I am an expat Brit from Lincoln! Just enjoying being like a "Kid in a Candy Store"!

carlh94 said:
Cheap Fuel ....... Yes Premium in the Greater Chicago area averages $ 2.05 per US Gallon (approx. 0.8 of an Imperial Gallon), on average, so that equates to about GBP 1.40 per Imperial Gallon. And that is HIGH! It was about $ 1.60 nine months ago.

Big Engines ....... Yes. As to why? Well it's a bit like Mount Everest ....... Because they are there! The cars are a lot cheaper too. Base price on an E55 is about $80,000.00, or GBP 44,500.00, about GBP 18,000.00 less than the UK.

American .......NO! I am an expat Brit from Lincoln! Just enjoying being like a "Kid in a Candy Store"!

Try £3.72 per Gallon, I will have to emigrate, (but perhaps not).

Expat from Lincoln, don't get too comfortable we may need you back at some point ;)

Back to the topic - I can't get that 3-5-7 to work on my system. Tried it last night while stuck in traffic nothing happened, do you need the engine turned off or something? :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom