Speed camera vans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercedes lover

Car
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 2003
I went passed a speed camera van the other day that was parked on the opposite side of the road, thought I was on a 40mph limit but was 30mph. Do they do the on coming traffic or both?

Unfortunatley I was "done" whilst travelling on a dual carriageway and the van was on the opposite side, I too thought it was only catching oncomming traffic and I was doing 40, turned out the speed for that particular DC was 30.:mad:

If there was no other traffic on that side of the road then he may have caught you too.

2 week wait.:( fingers crossed for you.

Mark.

mercedes lover said:
I went passed a speed camera van the other day that was parked on the opposite side of the road, thought I was on a 40mph limit but was 30mph. Do they do the on coming traffic or both?
Oops. Can you go past the spot again? Look for 30 mph clues - initial sign, built up area, repeater signs, street lights, no 30 signs going into small off-roads. Then consider raising an objection (eg tree across the 30mph sign) or consider querying your observations skills... Was there a sign near to the camera? I'm pleased to see these becoming more common.

blassberg said:
Oops. Can you go past the spot again? Look for 30 mph clues - initial sign, built up area, repeater signs, street lights, no 30 signs going into small off-roads. Then consider raising an objection (eg tree across the 30mph sign) or consider querying your observations skills... Was there a sign near to the camera? I'm pleased to see these becoming more common.

they do both sides.

you might be surprised with the ticket if you get the new styl one, my brother got done a few weeks ago now and they send you two pictures of the car/driver with the speed within a few seconds of each of each other.
the goverment is soo poor now in this country they make money every which way they can.

mioba said:
the goverment is soo poor now in this country they make money every which way they can.

not really, speeding fines are a voluntary tax which is incredibly easy to avoid.

If you have no desire to provide the government with extra funding the solution is simple - don't break laws which have been in existance for many, many years.

Andy

andy_k said:
not really, speeding fines are a voluntary tax which is incredibly easy to avoid.

If you have no desire to provide the government with extra funding the solution is simple - don't break laws which have been in existance for many, many years.

Andy

:D

As much as I think the police could be doing better things that is so very true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom