Speed limit on screen of 2015 cls ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Is there a screen in 2015 cls amg premium with command that shows speed limits on rds .
I ran through menus but can’t seem to find it. Or is there none.

Are you asking about the optional Sign Recognition Assist? Or just speed limits stored with the map data?

Are you asking about the optional Sign Recognition Assist? Or just speed limits stored with the map data?
Markjay I honestly dont know most cars I have have a round circle in dash showing speed limit on that stretch of Rd. I cant find any speed limit readings anywhere on my cls.
thanks.

Markjay I honestly dont know most cars I have have a round circle in dash showing speed limit on that stretch of Rd. I cant find any speed limit readings anywhere on my cls.
thanks.
I know it had COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5

Some SatNav systems have the speed limit info stored with the maps data, and displayed on the screen. MB COMAND does not have that feature, though.

MB do have an optional feature called Traffic Sign Assist, which is based on a front-facing camera behind the rear view mirror combined with GPS data, and displays the current speed limit in the instrument cluster display.

However, from what you describe, it seems that your 2015 CLS does not have this option fitted, in which case you won't be able to see speed limits displayed on the dash.

You can run your VIN through a free online VIN Decoder and see if your car has this option listed:

513 Traffic Sign Assist

This explains how the system works (albeit on a different model than yours):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can run your VIN through a free online VIN Decoder and see if your car has this option listed:

513 Traffic Sign Assist
Can’t see 513 /: disappointed as we are murdered with speed traps shifting around every hr or so ,not that I drive fast but so easy to slip into a 30 mph area at 34-35 before you realise. Thanks

Don’t reckon a star can turn this on or i thought if I kept map screen on it would have showed speed.

Don’t reckon a star can turn this on or i thought if I kept map screen on it would have showed speed.

The issue is that in order to retrofit Traffic Sign Assist you will need to fit the camera and possibly a new windscreen. And, the system isn't that great, see from 3:45 onwards:

Reckon I may set my iPhone on or see if I can bring maps up on my apps on command screen

Reckon I may set my iPhone on or see if I can bring maps up on my apps on command screen

To do that, you will need to add Apple CarPlay, have a look at this thread:

Can’t see 513 /: disappointed as we are murdered with speed traps shifting around every hr or so ,not that I drive fast but so easy to slip into a 30 mph area at 34-35 before you realise. Thanks
Isn't that what the speed limiter is for - which you do have fitted

Isn't that what the speed limiter is for - which you do have fitted
Yea but some of the rds I use you can come up out of dip on a 60 mph limit and within 20-30 mtrs you are in a 30 with not a house in site for 1/2 ml , so it’s hard to keep on the ball all the time. I already got 3 points for turning off a 60 mph carriage way I had drove for 16 mls went round roundabout onto side Rd accelerated to go up gears and bang 37 mph done it was a 30 I turned into but with traffic etc never even seen the 30 sign , yea my fault can’t argue but with speed limiter you kinda have to know in advance in some cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom