Speed Limiter coming on early

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
I was over in Germany this week so thought I would stretch the 55s legs a bit on an unrestricted bit of road, anyway the car felt fine but it wouldn't budge past 146 MPH, I thought the limit was 155, has anyone else had this happen?, or know what could cause it?, I think I want to get the limiter removed next time anyway but wondered if anything other than the Speed Limiter could be causing this?.

I was over in Germany this week so thought I would stretch the 55s legs a bit on an unrestricted bit of road, anyway the car felt fine but it wouldn't budge past 146 MPH, I thought the limit was 155, has anyone else had this happen?, or know what could cause it?, I think I want to get the limiter removed next time anyway but wondered if anything other than the Speed Limiter could be causing this?.

Check within the instrument cluster under settings / vehicle that winter tyre mode is not activated. There may be several choices from 100mph up to 150 mph and off.

If its not that you could also be in a type of limp mode, at one of the VMax events a CL600 biturbo had a failed intercooler pump and the car would not go over 140 something it did log codes though so should be easy to check once plugged into star.

Winter Tyre mode was off, it is the first thing I checked, Also I don't think it's the Charge Cooler pump either, as I had that go on my E55 and the SL doens't feel in any way down on power, it just feels exactly like the 155 limiter but coming in a bit early.

Only thing I can think of is that STAR has option for adjusting the speed limiter but from memory the options don't match the speed. From memory there is an option for 243 kmh and the next one down is 210 kmh.

I would get it plugged into STAR to check the limiter value and for codes.

That was my thinking too, it is in for some work next week so I will get it plugged in at the same time, it is running fine and not showing any codes though, I think somehow the limiter has just been adjusted slightly lower at some point in the cars life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom