Speed Penalties to Rise -Deaths Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I have yet to see them trying to control my life. others may feel they are. But I can do pretty much as I please all day, and that includes going for a drive when I feel like it. They even allow me to speed, but we have an agreement. If they catch me, I get done. seems pretty fair to me.

Thats a really interesting comment, and use of language.

a) who are they?
b) "Allow". You're a free man capable of independent thought - not a big school boy who has to check what is and isn't acceptable behaviour. , its not up to the "them" to control what you do, its up to you. You could argue you "allow" them to survive by paying taxes etc.

Thats a really interesting comment, and use of language.

a) who are they?
b) "Allow". You're a free man capable of independent thought - not a big school boy who has to check what is and isn't acceptable behaviour. , its not up to the "them" to control what you do, its up to you. You could argue you "allow" them to survive by paying taxes etc.

In this context they are the establishment. The point I was making was we really are free. But they have to make laws and they do so, and they tend to be catch all, and not micro managed but what you get is a feeling that people are not allowed to live freely because they write laws which restrict what some believe is a God give right.

I have said before, a long time before now, that the quickest way to get rid of speed cameras and heavy handed tactics is for everyone to obey the road speed limit all day, everyday.

In 2 years there will be no more cameras, and very little presence of traffic police who will of course be busy banging up proper crims left right and centre.

But my utopian world means everyone has to think and follow suit, and if we did that, then they would not have these laws in the first place.

Just my view.

But my utopian world means everyone has to think and follow suit, and if we did that, then they would not have these laws in the first place.
[philosophical hat]If everyone follows suit are we truely free?[/philosophical hat]

[philosophical hat]If everyone follows suit are we truely free?[/philosophical hat]

You can choose to do what you want, but then you can't complain if your choosen path ends up back where you started.

Or something.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom