Speed pulse for Comand on 2000 CLK 230k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
Got Comand installed today with CD changer (210 820 56 89 model) but cannot get any speed reading. Have tried the green/black wire (and green/purple) in the passenger foot well but to no avail.

Paul Grainger has been very helpful and suggested the speed wire wasn't required if CAN was ok but even though the Can bus wires are installed (and the unit indicates 'reverse' when selected) all I get for speed is '0'.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

hi go to the settings menu under the nav option screen and select calibration the set your tyre size the you will be fine as long the canbus wires are connected

cheers

kenny

Thanks,

Did that. Set it for the tyre size on the car. Should I use the 'worn tyre' setting though?

hi if you have used then select that, by the way does the multifunction wheel work? and do the lights dim the display when on? if so then can bus should be working

cheers

kenny

Yes all the other bits work, just no speed pulse!

hi the only times i have seen this is when the tyre size was not set, but if you have set that and all other things work i am a loss.

Maybe you need to do a reset of the unit, via the diahnostic menu and see if that kicks it into life

otherwise maybe a duff unit?

cheers

kenny

Originally posted by hash
you will be fine as long the canbus wires are connected
No way...in the modelupdated 208s and 210s one ALWAYS has to add a speedpulse to C2 pos 6 otherwise the navigation will not have a speedpulse at all...CANBUS does feed the comand with a speedpulse as well but that one is NOT used for navigation (in the updated 208 and 210).

In the CLK you need to connect C2 pos 6 to the green/black wire that is to be found in the pass cableduct near the A-pillar in an 8pin blue connector.
If that is the wire you used before - connect it again because that is the one you need.

greetingz,

Thanks Steve.

If the blue connector is near the passenger footwell and is quite large with several wires going in and two wires (green/black and green purple) not connected, then I have used the correct wire.

I will try and wire it directly and see if this works.

Got it working today. Re-did the connection at the footwell end, no difference. Took the unit out and lightly 'scratched' the pin, checked the connection was fully in the plug as well (it was) and put it back together.

Hey presto! working speed pulse.

Something to learn here I suppose is that when you buy them second hand you don't know how long they have been sitting on the shelf in some grotty garage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom