Speed with Guy Martin: F1 Special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And as to man cushes, we believe you......:p

only man crush I ever had was Carl Pilkinton.

That went away completely when vertually everyone I know said I was his double (in the way I speak and my moaning attitude to life) :dk:

Ant :crazy:

Yes. Totally enjoyed that. Never even heard of Guy until tonight. He seems a belting lad. Very funny, northern humour. Bet he'd be a scream to for on a night out with.

I love F1. Can't wait for the weekend. I'll watch C4's coverage with interest. But Sky first.

Ant.

Never heard of Guy Martin????

Really no doubt that the programme's timing and purpose was a bit of pre-publicity for CHANNEL 4'S forthcoming F1 coverage. Nothing wrong with that. Thank goodness at least one Free to Air Channel has taken up the F1 baton after the BBC dropped it.

Guy Martin is one of the few people to have had more accidents than me!

I wonder how much time he really spends as a truck mechanic versus his media work?

As for DC, ad guess in the words of Jezza, he had suddenly found himself unbusy, a bit like a certain annoying Irish short a$$, soon to be found on Top Gear.

Guy Martin is one of the few people to have had more accidents than me!

I wonder how much time he really spends as a truck mechanic versus his media work?

As for DC, ad guess in the words of Jezza, he had suddenly found himself unbusy, a bit like a certain annoying Irish short a$$, soon to be found on Top Gear.

DC 'unbusy'?? He's part of C4's F1 presenting team!

So he is back, he had a nasty crash last year in Northern Ireland I think, very nasty.

Hence why all his TV shows and record attempts have been delayed.

Great to see him back on Telly.

S

DC 'unbusy'?? He's part of C4's F1 presenting team!

As in he was suddenly unbusy after the BBC dropped F1. I know he's working with C4, in the same way Clarkson isn't unbusy due to the move to Amazon. Somehow, I think the sentiment of my post might gave escaped you.

Definitely a mismatch in terms of the machinery, but I did think the bike would outdrag the F1 car.

Guy Martin is fearless, I'd loved to have seen them swap vehicles but suspect the bean counters and Elfin Safety bods came out in hives at the mere thought. When he was attempting the cycling speed record the expert was continually going on about the safety aspects and warning him of potential consequences. He told her he'd been flung off motorbikes at much higher speeds, really wasn't bothered and just wanted to go as fast as possible.:D

Great TV.

You knew with it's allowed time that the F1 car would ultimately prevail but it would be a stepping stone back into TV for Guy Martin since his horrific accident. How he can even walk again after breaking his back is incredible enough.

However, I would like to see the same programme being done but with a MotoGP bike being used rather than the superbike that Guy used.

Like I said before, great TV - soap opera for petrolheads.

I wonder how the bike would fare against this year's McLaren? ;)

Even with a Moto GP bike the F1 will blitz it, although the drag race may have a different outcome.

There's no getting away from the difference in aerodynamic downforce. The car has lots, the bike has none.

Great TV.

I agree with this. :D

How he can even walk again after breaking his back is incredible enough.

Also agree with this.

I was also impressed with the grip test they did. OK, DC won it, but then it showed the X-Ray of Guy's hand with all the metal in it, so not too bad all in all. ;)

Definitely a mismatch in terms of the machinery, but I did think the bike would outdrag the F1 car.

The car would have beaten the bike by a much bigger margin if they hadn't had wets fitted to it. Something they did to make it look like a closer battle me thinks as it was a totally dry track.

Ant. :D

I wonder how the bike would fare against this year's McLaren? ;)

Ooooooooch. You know how to hurt!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom