Speed with Guy Martin: F1 Special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Loved the show and the banter. Coultard has always been interesting & Guy Martin says it how it is, I thought he was shoe-in for Top Gear

More interesting than watching someone put some flour and an egg in a bowl.

Watched it this evening with BTB junior, who loved the previous "Speed" series. We both thought it was pretty good.

Re. the F1 car being on wets I'm sure the track was wet in some of the sequences ... possibly some of the first tests (although who knows what order they were actually filmed in).

Re. the F1 car being on wets I'm sure the track was wet in some of the sequences ... possibly some of the first tests (although who knows what order they were actually filmed in).

They were inters not full wets so only marginally slower than slicks.

I did notice the same.

Loved the show and the banter. Coultard has always been interesting & Guy Martin says it how it is, I thought he was shoe-in for Top Gear

He may come across as a bit daft, but he made a wise decision staying clear of the new TG. I couldn't picture him being a yes man to Chris Evans either.

I'm feeling the pain, too! Here's hoping for at least something resembling a professional performance this season.

Not seen the F1 yet, but seen the media and result - doesn't look promising does it......

Watched this now - great bloke TV (women in the house NOT interested in the least):thumb:
How on earth Guy is riding / walking / still breathing after the last crash is beyond me, but I've seen other ones he's had and he seems wired to ride, not with no fear, but with eyes wide open.

I thought the bike might do the F1 car on the drag, but there you go.....

Good TV, a good re-entry for Guy after his rehab and small boost for C4 ahead of the F1.

Must get to the IOM for the TT one year.....

Not seen the F1 yet, but seen the media and result - doesn't look promising does it......

Yes. Even Hass F1 scored points. McLaren did not. :devil:

Watched this now - great bloke TV (women in the house NOT interested in the least):thumb:

I'm a lucky man. My wife loves 99% of the TV I like. Even our daughter joins in.

How on earth Guy is riding / walking / still breathing after the last crash is beyond me, but I've seen other ones he's had and he seems wired to ride, not with no fear, but with eyes wide open.

Yes. Bikers have talent & courage. F1 drivers mostly talent as it's become so safe (and rightly so) as Alonso's crash showed today.

Must get to the IOM for the TT one year.....

I'd love a weekend at TT. :bannana:

Ant.

I am a big fan of GM and DC and also thought the program was great. They genuinely seem to work well together. S1000RR vs. F1 car is no contest though. F1 lap record around Silverstone is something like 1m 30s. Moto GP bike is 2m dead. WSBK / BSB bikes add another 4 to 8 seconds and I am pretty sure GM's bike was a road race spec bike which is built for even greater reliability hence a few more seconds behind that on a short circuit.
To put that in perspective 5 seconds per lap slower would have you lapped by most of the field in a race......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom