SPEED. with Guy Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
2nd episode 2000hrs CH 4

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

The pedal bike speed record last night was awesome :)

Really enjoyed that. Next weeks episode looks like a good un.

Seen him in other things involving industrial machinery. Totally love his enthusiasm.

I reckon he is Fred Dibnah's lovechild

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Watch him in the TT3D movie.

WOW is the only world to describe it.

He's bonkers - but he'd need to be to do what he does.

I reckon he is Fred Dibnah's lovechild

Eh? Eh? Eh?

I second that one:D

I'm wondering if a recumbent would enable him to generate more power and also enable a smaller frontal to the nacelle with possibly better aerodynamics.

After his success on the sled, I'm a bit surprised they didn't reload the parachute and have another go from a bit higher up the slope! He did so well on the first run, no problem holding the sled straight or getting it stopped - thought he'd go for 100mph!

I have a little scary experience of going down an Andorran icy black run head first - accidentally got to a steep run and only way out was down, which for a not very good skier was scary. Tried to traverse, fell at the second turn, skis turned me face down and forward - then the bindings let go and I was away, bouncing from one mogul to the next and unable to dig my toes etc in to slow down. All I could see was the 90 degree right at the bottom, and the tree trunks (half way up!) straight ahead - thought my time had come. Luckily the piste bully had made 2 passes at the edge, I was able to dig fingers (to the elbow!) and toes in and stop. Worst brown trousers moment in years of ski-ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom