Speeding drivers post closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motard

Car
92 250 TD
Frankly Brian I think you were wrong to abitrarily close the post. It was annoying you? So? Do you have more rights on this forum than the rest of us? Surely as moderator you should need more reasons for action than your being irritated. You just sit there and decide what is good and not good?
From what I could see people had things to say and none were being rude or falling out, disagreement is another thing and very healthy.
I can't speak for the others but I find your actions way out of line, I think it is wrong for you to have such power.

Bob

Bob - chill - Brian has the right as moderator. Let's just move on. I think we'd all made our points and would not agree if we discussed further, simply go round in circles. Our debate was off topic and as such Brian did the right thing inho.

Motard said:
Frankly Brian I think you were wrong to abitrarily close the post. It was annoying you? So? Do you have more rights on this forum than the rest of us? Surely as moderator you should need more reasons for action than your being irritated. You just sit there and decide what is good and not good?
From what I could see people had things to say and none were being rude or falling out, disagreement is another thing and very healthy.
I can't speak for the others but I find your actions way out of line, I think it is wrong for you to have such power.

Bob

Sorry cannot please everyone. :confused:

Yes as a moderator we have to decide when things are getting to the point of no return.

For the record I was not Irritated.

pammy said:
Bob - chill - Brian has the right as moderator. Let's just move on. I think we'd all made our points and would not agree if we discussed further, simply go round in circles. Our debate was off topic and as such Brian did the right thing inho.
Anybody wishing to continue the debate can go to :-

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/chat :D

...for what its worth, I agree with you Pammy, and Brian's decision to close the thread. Nothing wrong with 'off topic' debates IMO, but it didn't look like this one would ever have ended quietly of its own accord !!

Pammy you really are a sweetie, must be something to do with where you come from lol. As far as I understood there is no specific topic in the General forum. Brian could have easily dropped in as moderator and said a polite word. I was under the impression that this forum was for us, the members, I didn't realise something like this could happen solely because it irritates a person.
Do we need to ask your permission to discuss something in future Brian?

Bob

Sorry Brian, you used the word annoyed, not irritated.
I still think what you did and even more so how you did it to be unacceptable.

Bob

Motard said:
Pammy you really are a sweetie, must be something to do with where you come from lol. As far as I understood there is no specific topic in the General forum. Brian could have easily dropped in as moderator and said a polite word. I was under the impression that this forum was for us, the members, I didn't realise something like this could happen solely because it irritates a person.
Do we need to ask your permission to discuss something in future Brian?

Bob

Its not that , it was basically going way off speeding thing.

Last edited:
… let's let it go

fuzzer said:
Suggestions about what we should do then??

… let's let it go, agree to differ and wait for Summer :)

The thread was closed for several reasons.

1. Way off topic
2. Some of the posts were close to becoming insulting
3. The owner of the forum is held legally responsible for the content in the UK, and as such if someone takes offence to something that has been posted then it's all over for the forum and the community.

I was actually quite enjoying the thread but we need to remember why the forum is here, what it has taken to get it to this level and how upset we would be if we were without it!

Can't we go back to posting about cars and stuff again please people!? :D

Good points well made Shude!

Shude,

I find that explanation perfectly acceptable, had Brian closed it in this manner then I would not have smoke coming out of my ears. I think he could have closed the thread showing more respect to those subscribing to it, he stated his annoyance as a reason.
Surely there is no need for actions such as this, a friendly word would be enough.

Bob

handbag.gif

lol - well unless any of you have a confession to make I bet I can win that one - prob having the odd one or two more handbags than you lot:D

Probably partially my fault for expressing unrelated political views in a Mercedes-Benz forum. Sorry folks. That's what happens when you post whilst on the John in a state of only partial awakeness.

The wonders of wi-fi.

And sorry for that unpleasant vision.

this is too much information…

ChrissyBoy said:
That's what happens when you post whilst on the John.

Aaaaaaaarh! I feel soiled!

ChrissyBoy said:
That's what happens when you post whilst on the John in a state of only partial awakeness.

And sorry for that unpleasant vision.

That's the problem with the world today - too much toilet humour!! :D :D Gives a whole new meaning to 'logging on' to the web :crazy:

LotusMark2 - does your siggy infer I've only got a starter engine in my motor? What do I have to do to get a decent one???? ;)

I don't even think I managed to get a silver statement posted on that thread.

K

LotusMark2 - does your siggy infer I've only got a starter engine in my motor? What do I have to do to get a decent one????

Buy a V6 :D

Must say that some exceptions prove the rule
Your car is an honorary V engine :rock:

Last edited:
lotusmark2 said:
Buy a V6 :D

Must say that some exceptions prove the rule
Your car in an honorary V engine :rock:

I have to concede that the M3 has an award winning straight-six engine. If BMW excel at anything, it's their engines (and chassis).

PS writing this trousers up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom