Speeding in France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshadders

Car
c250 cgi estate
Just been flashed by speed camera, (June 2013) should I expect something through post- wasn't going mad just a few km over limit.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Cheers, wasn't sure of some new legislation for 2013. Will see what happens, cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

It's far more likely that they waited for him at the next toll booth!

Man's a prat. It's well known that they are very active on Le Mans weekend, and that they lie in wait in camouflage with radar guns etc.

Asking for trouble.

Every time we go know we notice more and more police, cameras etc

watch out in the tunnels also as they are often camera controlled. I'm not sure I would risk it nowadays thinking you will be ok...

Thing is on the tolls roads 80mph on cruise seems a good combination of mpg and actually getting somewhere (as you can literally have cruise on for hours....)

I've done the trips so often its quite funny watching cars zoom past only to be stopping for fuel or queuing to pay at the toll both as we cruise past :) then 30 mins later or so they come zooming past again...

Toll pass will in summer save you a heap of time ! you can cruise through at 20mph....barrier opens and your off... :)

Toll pass will in summer save you a heap of time ! you can cruise through at 20mph....barrier opens and your off... :)

Take balls of steel though! I did not manage this without jamming the brakes on at the last second every time!

I got flashed 3 or 4 times last year and heard nothing, on the way back I actually got pulled over though doing approx 95mph and got a 50 euro on the spot fine. Bargain, that wont put me off :)

I got flashed 3 or 4 times last year and heard nothing, on the way back I actually got pulled over though doing approx 95mph and got a 50 euro on the spot fine. Bargain, that wont put me off :)

It's always refreshing to see someone with a responsible attitude.

Yea, because I bought a 5.5 litre supercharged Mercedes to drive at 65mph in the middle lane. Naturally.

Even more conceited than we first thought.

Or honest and realistic perhaps....

So, does he brazenly boast about flouting the same law in the UK...or is the fact he will get points or banned a sufficient deterrent?

He only does it because the penalty isn't severe enough, but then to brag is vulgar.

The only difference between (some) men and boys is the price of their toys. Clown, all of us have cars that will exceed the speed limit by a wide margin,I don't think they make a car that will do less than 90,but the roads are not full of tangled wreckage because the vast majority play more or less by the rules.

Trouble is some men(?) go to motorbike and car races and have this foolish idea that they are as able as their heros' and the public highway is the place to prove it. But then some never grow up.

Oh come on, lighten up, life’s to short......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom