Speeding on M4 - Caught by Police Helicopter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is why roads have measured mile markers painted on them. 2 miles in 60 seconds = deep doo, doo...

I can't believe we have got to 100 posts on this issue, the driver isn't even a member on here.

Stopwatch and a map ....

And chances are the helo will have a video camera with a time/date recording.

It's not rocket science.

Not much to reasonably doubt about that.

I know what your getting at, but is it good enough for a magistrates court? I have my doubts I doubt the method has been approved by the European commission. The OP poster says the heli told the police the estimated speeds, did the ground units actually record his speed? Seems like they have just asked for a confession.

First thing the OP should have done is get a solicitor.

I can't believe we have got to 100 posts on this issue, the driver isn't even a member on here.

More than 10% of them are yours.
Why can members not discuss what they want [ within forum rules] for as long as they want?

More than 10% of them are yours.
Why can members not discuss what they want [ within forum rules] for as long as they want?

Because, as usual, this has become a pointless, circular thread.

The guy was speeding, got caught, will have to suffer the consequences.

END.

If we are lucky, we will know what the end result is.

I know what your getting at, but is it good enough for a magistrates court? I have my doubts I doubt the method has been approved by the European commission. The OP poster says the heli told the police the estimated speeds, did the ground units actually record his speed? Seems like they have just asked for a confession.

First thing the OP should have done is get a solicitor.

Yes it is admissible as evidence and will be accepted by a magistrates court, this is not precedence there are many convictions where the evidence of speeding is from a helicopter. The ground units don't have to record his speed their job is to stop the vehicle. Kent and Northumbria helicopters are deliberately spec'd up to catch speeders.

See this case caught at 165 mph speed was calculated and verified from the two bridges he went under on the video clip

Banned driver caught speeding at 165mph tells court: 'I'll still drive, catch me if you can' - Mirror Online

The A69 in Northumbria is a road where vehicles are regularly checked using the helicopter as I guess it is always overflying the road in question.

A mate of mine is currently still recovering after a major crash on that road. Titanium everywhere, very lucky to not lose his leg, resuscitated 5 times in the ambulance on the way back to hospital. The reason? Some speeding ar$e who thought he was a better driver than he was and hit him head on.

Moral of the story? It's not speed that kills, but it does help.

Doing stupidly excessive speed on a public road, whatever the road and whatever the conditions and whatever the time of day increases the chances of seriously injuring or killing someone. If you want to take this chance then so be it, but I for one seriously hope that you don't take any other poor innocent motorist just trying to get home to their kids out with you.

Some people need to get a reality and priority check:mad:

Worth checking the manufacturer's vmax figures for the police helicopter, it it's lower than the E63 then he could argue that the coppers could not have possibly followed him at that speed...

The helicopter can , of course , fly in straight lines , rather than having to follow the curves of the road .

holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

Should have gone on a trackday at Goodwood
You can do 140 mph plus down the Lavant straight just need to watch out for the planes coming into land and the odd helicopter

Could have been worse.

Judging by the ban *** got, the OP got off lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom