speedo and cruise control not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hagarfriend

Car
CL63 AMG
W140 1993 LHD S280

Hi to everyone,
The speedometer and the efficiency meter are not working.
Also the cruise control is off as well.
I am hoping it is a fuse somewhere so if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful.
Many thanks

Clint

It's more likely to be a speed sensor that has stopped working. Have you had a wheel off recently? It's quite easy to inadvertently dislodge one of the sensors.

Don't know if the S320 is the same, but there is a fuse box under the rear seat which is accessed by a panel below the front of the seat. I havn't had this particular problem, but I did need to find that particular fuse box and after removing the rear seats for absolutely no reason:( found the box was not really under the seat.

Just found the fuse box i was on about. It has a rubber gromet on there to access the diagnostic port. There is 4 allen key bolts that need to be removed (4 or 5mm i think).
Onve you open it, you will see some computer modules and the round diagnostic port.
One of the modules has 4 x 10amp fuses in it. one is likely blown, number 1 usually.

Its on the passanger side (on the right hand side when looking at the engine from the front)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom