speedo and power stering problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelgould

Car
SL55 AMG
Hi all......couple of problems with my 2003 CLK 320 petrol coupe........firstly speedo not always working .......when its not working there is a clicking noise coming from behind the dash, however digital readout always works fine.......secondly the power steering is making a noise first thing when cold ...stops after 5 min........any suggestions would be helpful....many thanks

oooops your right its low.......how wrong of me to asume the Mercedes dealer would have checked it 4 weeks ago during its B service costing me £590.....and no there are no leaks I can see

Many thanks

its really strange, i have found all the models that use that green fluid, i.e all the W203's and on, seem to use a lot of fluid...
we have to top up on almost every newish mercedes we service..

That green fluid is called Pentosin and has a distinctive smell.

get the correct fluid from the main dealer, as other car service shops will try and sell you any thing

ok steering sorted .......purchased the correct fluid from main dealer and all is well .........the faulty instument cluster sounds expensive..........anybody any ideas about the clicking noise and speedo malfunction ?

Its OK I solved the problem.........sold the car and bought a BMW 645i.....he he

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom