Speedo mileage adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pipetech

Car
ML270 cdi
Evening all
I have a 2011 viano, fantactic motor.
Had speedo trouble tho, ive got a fully working used replacement but the mileage is much higher than mine.
Can this be altered legally? If so im in yorkshire nr scarborough any recomendations who might be able to do it, Merc Star indy maybe.
Any advice apreciate.
Cheerd

Evening all
I have a 2011 viano, fantactic motor.
Had speedo trouble tho, ive got a fully working used replacement but the mileage is much higher than mine.
Can this be altered legally? If so im in yorkshire nr scarborough any recomendations who might be able to do it, Merc Star indy maybe.
Any advice apreciate.
Cheerd
To do this properly you will need to put the old speedometer back in, virginise the replacement and then find someone with Xentry to do the swap. The process involves sucking all the data out of the old one, replacing and then pushing all the new data into the ‘new’ one.

If you come down to Surrey we can do it all legitimately for you.

Hi @Pipetech
Might be worth giving Foxholes garage a ring to see if they can help? They’re re an indy with Star, and most likely Xentry etc. The guy who runs it was the Master Tech from the Main Dealer Mercedes garage that was on Eastfield Industrial Estate years ago, and when Merc pulled out of Scarborough, they opened up their own indy in Foxholes and have been there ever since. They must have 20+ years of experience with Mercs. I’ve taken my S212 there for service since I’ve had it and has been all good. They update the DSR too. Probably less than ten miles from Hunmanby too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom