Speedo Needle stopped and parking sensors stopped working!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiger13

Car
CLK 230K Cabriolet (W208) 2001
Hi All!,

I have been using the forum for ages but finally decided to sign up and start posting myself!

I have a couple of issues I was hoping some of you might be able to help with,

Firstly I just bought a 2001 C320, The problem is the speedo needle doesnt work, The speed comes up digitally on the dash but the main speedo needle has stopped, I am presuming the speed sensor is working because the digi speed is still working? Thought Id ask here before ripping the dash apart!

Also the parking sensors dont work, The button on the dash is lit red but when I put them back on it beeps and then the light stays out for a minute or so then comes back on again, Also when I put it back on (via the switch) and try to park it doesnt register anything on the bar system,

Any ideas would be greatly recieved!!

Thanks!

Not sure if it makes any difference but the rear map lights where the secondary parking sensor thing is dont work?

The sensors did briefly work earlier for about 10 seconds, But now they have gone back to permanantly being on the 1st red bars all the time, Any help would be appreciated as there are loads of views but no replies!!:(

Does anyone use this forum to help others or would I better finding another site?

Does anyone use this forum to help others or would I better finding another site?

People have jobs/lifes and cant always get time to view every post - its only been 5 hours!

Re the dash, if the speed is coming up on the digital display I would have thought the speed sensor is working alright, sounds like the cluster itself might be faulty?

People have jobs/lifes and cant always get time to view every post - its only been 5 hours!

Re the dash, if the speed is coming up on the digital display I would have thought the speed sensor is working alright, sounds like the cluster itself might be faulty?

I do appreciate that but its had over 150 views!, Anyway thanks for that you could be right, Is there any guide you know of that I can use to get the dash out?

[YOUTUBE]EjEFdu2mq0c[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! Makes a change normally they make these things as hard as possible!

Dont suppose you've any idea on the parking sensor issues?

You need to get it plugged into star

It only takes 1 faulty sensor & it will switch the whole system off.
Star will be able to pin point the faulty sensor

Ok cool, Just seems odd it worked for a bit earlier, The car was sat for months before I bought it and I have still havent cleaned it yet so that might help, If not il get it plugged in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom