Speedometer display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I have just got my first Merc (W203, 2002) and discovered this kp/h display which I cannot change to temperature.

So I came on here and did a search thinking there must be an answer somewhere, but it seems there isn't :confused: .

I have to say guys that this 'feature' is seriously crummy!

In fact the whole instrument cluster seems less than optimal from an ergonomic point of view - the most prominent displays are things which the driver should not want to look at very often, eg trip mileage, odometer and speed in kp/h :confused:

Other aspects of the car very nice, but in this area it compares poorly with my old Saab and the silly thing is that the design mistakes on the Merc seem so 'obvious'.

rant over

Temp display

I have recently owned an Imported C180 which was able to display either the temp or speed in the bottom LH corner of the Spedo digital display.

I now own a UK spec c200k which will not change from km/hour, this is in the user guide as a UK only feature.

I think it's due to dreaded Euro regs that say if there is no km/h scale on the dial then there has to be a digital display. This obviously doesn't apply to mainland european cars as they have a km/h scale as their main display so are free to change the secondary one. However the logic of this is destroyed further back in this thread as a C32 seems to allow this!

Cheers
Andy

Makes me wonder how my facelift clk55 AMG cluster will behave when it's installed in my c-class soon!

Yes, it's going to be interesting to see what it does. Is it imminent?

Cheers
Andy

Originally posted by Aswall
Yes, it's going to be interesting to see what it does. Is it imminent?
Well, I need to get a pile of wiring, another steering wheel and swap my comand unit for a 208/210 model. Not exactly imminent, but soon I hope :)

Originally posted by Aswall
I think it's due to dreaded Euro regs that say if there is no km/h scale on the dial then there has to be a digital display. This obviously doesn't apply to mainland european cars as they have a km/h scale as their main display so are free to change the secondary one. However the logic of this is destroyed further back in this thread as a C32 seems to allow this!

Your right... as my scale display is in MPH but I can still change the digital display to show either mph or Km/h. Can't understand why you guys cant do this!!!:confused: :confused:

But can you change the bottom of the display (which normally shows km/h) to show the temp?

I think this is what everyone is referring to, we can change the main display to be KM/H.

Horses for courses I suppose, but I prefer the smaller display to read KPH with the latest one reading MPH.

Originally posted by mw_C32

Yes I do mean the small display which is visible when the other displays are shown. I can change it to show mph/kph or cent/fahr no problem. In actual fact my missus wants it set to centigrade so she can see how warm it is outside (Obsesed by the weather she is) whilst the main display shows trip computer.

M.

Yes Richard:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom