Spelling, grammar and punctuation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
People who are unable or unwilling to construct a coherent, comprehensible and grammatically accurate statement are generally incapable of generating comprehensible and coherent thought, so what does it matter if they express themselves poorly - they invariably have very little of worth or interest to communicate in any case.

Just saying.

Is it companies or company's or companys'? Companies

It depends on whether you're talking about more than one company, an item belonging to a certain company or items belonging to more than one company

People who are unable or unwilling to construct a coherent, comprehensible and grammatically accurate statement are generally incapable of generating comprehensible and coherent thought, so what does it matter if they express themselves poorly - they invariably have very little of worth or interest to communicate in any case.

Just saying.

The psychology view of that is exactly the reverse

People who read text and then think to themselves the grammar and punctuation in that was not very good are generally of higher IQ than those that read the text and feel the need to comment about it and berate the writer.

People who are unable or unwilling to construct a coherent, comprehensible and grammatically accurate statement are generally incapable of generating comprehensible and coherent thought.
Just saying.

You missed those who disregard formality for ingenuity, artistic talent and vision.

Just because my forum name has female connotations, doesn't mean I am so.

It says Heinz Beans on the side of buses, but they don't sell them.

Retired chief engineer was kind of a hint...

Thanks for that John, heres what I got, now thats really going to p*ss on someone's parade

5482567216136192_zps49be673e.png

Thanks for that John, heres what I got, now thats really going to p*ss on someone's parade

5482567216136192_zps49be673e.png

My wife will verify that I attained 15 also……………it only shows that my instincts are good even if my education is poor (and I'm not the shiniest pin on the cushion either for that matter).

My wife will verify that I attained 15 also……………it only shows that my instincts are good even if my education is poor (and I'm not the shiniest pin on the cushion either for that matter).

+1

I suspect my performance had less to do with understanding the correct and appropriate use of grammar, and more to do with a process of elimination and gut feel!

12 out of 15 so you can bluff your way through this.

John has gone to google - pluperfect. Probably a word Mrs Brown uses a lot.

Edit,

Googled it. Far too much tosh to read there. My life will be complete without it, whatever it is.

trapperjohn said:
Feck off - (John has big smile on his face and flango knows non is intended)

I know that, hence my post I knew you would not take offence. As all Mrs Brown fans know what "that's nice" really means

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

IMHO grammar and spelling matters little, however breaking up text with commas, full stops, and most importantly creating structure using paragraphs, makes a forum post much easier to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom