SPIDERS again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickchailey

Car
SL500 R129 1999
My alarm has started to play up again and this morning where was a web between the dash and the front seat.
Last year I was lucky and caught the so and so building a web between the sensor and the head rest! I have provided a large garage for them to live in - all I ask is for them to leave my car alone. My wife has one that lives in the wing mirror, builds a web across the glass each night and pops back behind the glass as soon as the car moves.
I do not wish to be cruel but is there a gas or some way of getting rid of spiders in the car?

Sorry, i don't have a solution for you but il never forget the time i was gunning along the M1 in my 944 Turbo and rather large spider decided to drop down from the visor onto my lap:eek:

I did very well to keep the car under some kind of control as i screamed like a girl while trying to swipe it from my lap! LOL

I spent the next 5 miles or so until the next services scared to death that it was going to crawl up my trouser leg.

The sight of me jumping out of my car at the services frantically brushing myself down must have been funny as fook to all the people there:D

I use moth balls in my garden shed to keep spider numbers down (which works a treat).
However I think that the smell in the car would not prove popular. Other than that I'm not aware of anything more to do... apart from filling the car with CO2 or something so that they're suffocated. Cruel yes :( I don't kill spiders, I have a catcher and I put them outside.

Sorry, i don't have a solution for you but il never forget the time i was gunning along the M1 in my 944 Turbo and rather large spider decided to drop down from the visor onto my lap:eek:

I did very well to keep the car under some kind of control as i screamed like a girl while trying to swipe it from my lap! LOL

I spent the next 5 miles or so until the next services scared to death that it was going to crawl up my trouser leg.

The sight of me jumping out of my car at the services frantically brushing myself down must have been funny as fook to all the people there:D

How large was this Spider?
1 foot across? or 1/2 inch?

Excellent story,...the thought of it scares the hell out of me...I think i'd almost crash if that happened.

Fly spray kills spiders too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom