Spilled water bottle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRBC43AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 1999 C43 AMG saloon "Grandma" (sold), Ultima Sports Can-Am (sold)
Did not realize until too late that the cap of a water bottle blew under the passenger seat and spilled around 1lt of water. Took out the protective carpets to dry. Bottom is damp, but as temp are under zero difficult to get to dry.
Any suggestions or should I wait till the weather warms up again so natural evaporation can take over??
P.S. Can't get the car inside.... no space available
P.P.S. This involves my C240T and not the C43

A litre isn't that much. According to Wikipedia, the volume of water lost by a human in sweat per day can be between 1 and 8 litres.

As Jay has said, put the heater on and if going on a run maybe open a window to let out the warm damp air.

Hair drier?

do you have any ventilation fans you can connect with an extension cord or you can use the hairdrier to try and dry it out.

lesson learned no drinks inside an MB!
spill the juice in the gear selector and I bet you're toast for cash.

if you can unbolt the seat, remove the carpets that's the best thing to do if possible.

If you know somebody with a carper cleaner, use that as it will do a supurb job and remove enough so a quick blast of car heater fan will have to dry.

Was going to offer mine but just seen where you live!

Ignore it. It will dry naturally. A lot of fuss about nothing IMO.

as above, if you are really worried you could use a de-humidifier in addition to the heaters if you don't have AC.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll try the drive with heater on full blast towards the floor with the de-humidifier as I have AC (it is in auto mode 12months/12m months) and it certainly does keep the humidity off the windows when it is damp and rainy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom