Spitfire flight

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
I have a "biggie" birthday coming up in a few months and one of the things on my "bucket List" is to fly in a Spitfire. As I
a) dont have my own Spitfire
b) havent got a licence anyway

the only way to fulfill this ambition is to have a flight in one of the very few remaining 2 seater Spits. My research on the Web has foundered on the fact that there are no 2 seater Spitfires in the UK licenced to carry paying passengers so I abandoned that idea until I saw Top Gear with not 1 Spit but 3 turning up with the TopGear presenters for a UK v Germany shootout!!!

Unless they faked this arrival it would appear that its possible after all.
Does anyone know where this can be arranged in the UK? I know I could do this in the USA but for me and my Family ( theyve got to see this!) the cost ( which i guess will not be insignificant even in the UK) would put it out of reach:eek:

Anyone help?

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
I think the top gear sequence was filmed at Duxford, and there are a number of spitfires based there IIRC so that might be a good place to start enquiries.

OP
OP
carnut

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
Just checked the Duxford web site...I might have to lose weight!!! Its the first real incentive to do so Ive found

( I like my food & wine....when I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling goes away! ....must change!):rolleyes:

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
From another forum...

Clarkson was in MJ627
May was in PT462
Hammon was in ML407

Bear

Car
W123 300D G460 280 GE G460 300 GDT
Of course the other option is we push you off Beachy Head in a Triumph,but it will only be a short flight;)

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
Saw ML407 at Farnborough a few weeks back, wonderful machine, wonderful sound and a lovely story to go with it, a gentleman restored it then died, so his wife learnt to fly and now flies it

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
Just looking through the gallery gives me goose pimples. BEAUTIFUL.:rock:
Yes, I don't know what it is but the spitfire just looks so right, and the Merlin engine has a wonderful sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom