Spitfire flight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
I have a "biggie" birthday coming up in a few months and one of the things on my "bucket List" is to fly in a Spitfire. As I
a) dont have my own Spitfire
b) havent got a licence anyway

the only way to fulfill this ambition is to have a flight in one of the very few remaining 2 seater Spits. My research on the Web has foundered on the fact that there are no 2 seater Spitfires in the UK licenced to carry paying passengers so I abandoned that idea until I saw Top Gear with not 1 Spit but 3 turning up with the TopGear presenters for a UK v Germany shootout!!!

Unless they faked this arrival it would appear that its possible after all.
Does anyone know where this can be arranged in the UK? I know I could do this in the USA but for me and my Family ( theyve got to see this!) the cost ( which i guess will not be insignificant even in the UK) would put it out of reach:eek:

Anyone help?

I think the top gear sequence was filmed at Duxford, and there are a number of spitfires based there IIRC so that might be a good place to start enquiries.

Just checked the Duxford web site...I might have to lose weight!!! Its the first real incentive to do so Ive found

( I like my food & wine....when I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling goes away! ....must change!):rolleyes:

From another forum...

Clarkson was in MJ627
May was in PT462
Hammon was in ML407

Of course the other option is we push you off Beachy Head in a Triumph,but it will only be a short flight;)

Saw ML407 at Farnborough a few weeks back, wonderful machine, wonderful sound and a lovely story to go with it, a gentleman restored it then died, so his wife learnt to fly and now flies it

Just looking through the gallery gives me goose pimples. BEAUTIFUL.:rock:

Yes, I don't know what it is but the spitfire just looks so right, and the Merlin engine has a wonderful sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom