spitfire the greatest plane ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's a go Bill, home designed hot rod...!

Ha - I've already been getting those videos coming up on my homepage on YouTube!

f4 phantom, the last true pilots flying machine? None of that fly by wire rubbish and computers!

Was lucky enough to fly simulator at Leuchars, with strict instructions not to exceed a certain height (as a simulator it would climb to the max that a phantom would climb to, probably restricted info at the time.

I was sweating after 10 minutes and I missed when trying to shoot down a red one! Old simulator compared to ones now but oh boy do you think you are in the real thing

Try a visit to the De Havilland Museum in London Colney, we were there a couple of weeks ago, a group of more than the minimum 10 required for the £17pp guided tour - which was fantastic. The museum curator lead the tour, talked intersting info for best part of 2 hours nonstop, amongst the many planes we saw were the first prototype Mosquito, with fighter and bomber versions in the same hanger, an original Comet fuselage with the square windows that caused all the problems, even wife enjoyed the visit!! The original prototype survived because the man instructed to burn it instead shipped it out and hid it for many years - incredible story. Well worth a visit, I think we'll go back some time just to wander around.
de Havilland Aircraft Museum

Just enjoying this atm... early rest before painting the roof.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Sea Fury is one of my favourites ... fantastic sound with the original Bristol Centaurus (there are some around that have been re-engined with Pratt & Whitney radials).

I have no idea how I missed thread but heyho There's not one plane that has been mentioned in it that isn't brilliant so I guess it's down to personal preference.
For me it's the Spitfire all day long. My favourites being the MK9 & PR19.
So much so that I have a cabinet dedicated to them both in 1:48 scale. (one of which I flew) IMG_20181117_170343.jpg IMG_20181117_170401.jpg

For me it's the Spitfire all day long. My favourites being the MK9 & PR19.
So much so that I have a cabinet dedicated to them both in 1:48 scale. (one of which I flew)

Did you find the cockpit a little cramped ?

Did you find the cockpit a little cramped ?
Not really, I'm 6' and the seat is height adjustable. There's certainly no room to stretch and my shoulders were touching both sides but hey, I didn't care, was soaking up every single second in that thing!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom