Split lip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Had the misfortune to split the lower edge of my front bumper today. I'd parked nose-on to a high kerb, without realising that the lower edge of the bumper was resting on top of the kerb. When I reversed away, I heard a nasty scraping, crunching sound, and the result is shown below.

Am I looking at a new bumper, or can this kind of crack be repaired effectively?

split1.jpg

split2.jpg

From underneath:

split3.jpg

split4.jpg

Quite by coincidence a friend found the rear valence of his new car had been cracked by someone driving into it. We had great pleasure shaking our heads and saying how expensive it would be. Mind you, it was an Aston Martin Rapide....

Bummer.......but as above I think a repair can be effected.......still not cheap.

Mic

Bummer.......but as above I think a repair can be effected.......still not cheap.

Mic

Just looking at the video that DSM10000 linked to, I can see that it's quite an involved process, and not the sort of localised repair that I'd envisaged might be achievable. I'll get some quotes, but bearing in mind that the repair would still involve removing, stripping and repainting the entire bumper, I've a feeling there won't be much in it between repairing and replacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom