Spoiler or no spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teresa jennings

Car
2009 E500 Coupe
HI guys need some advice, I am thinking of putting a boot spoiler on the old E500?? DO I or Don't I? seen one on another Eclass and looks ok but if it is not stock will this spoil the look???
thanks
:wallbash:

Yes it'll ruin it. Don't. Trying to make an elegant class car look like a jap car always looks gross. :thumb:

Yes it'll ruin it. Don't. Trying to make an elegant class car look like a jap car always looks gross. :thumb:

That's just your opinion:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercedes%20-%20W211%20E-Klasse%20Accessories%20-%20Lorinser%20Boot%20Spoiler%20Lip%20(W211-394583).jpg

colour matched lip spoiler.... not a massive sized dinner table tho

Or carbon lip spoiler. Depends too on the rest of the car, i.e. wheels and body kit.

HI guys need some advice, I am thinking of putting a boot spoiler on the old E500?? DO I or Don't I? seen one on another Eclass and looks ok but if it is not stock will this spoil the look???
thanks
:wallbash:

Go for a subtle boot lip rather than a spoiler :thumb:

This is what I used ....

Attachments

• lipresize3.jpg
    lipresize3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • lip resize1.jpg
    lip resize1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
Yeah a lip can look ok if the rest of the car has a sporty look. It'd look out of place on mine though.

Personally I don't like them anymore and haven't for a long time now.

I resisted on my W211 because it ruins the lines for me.

The car doesn't really need more down force for regular driving and as a visual "enhancement", I think they look a bit cheapy.

Had I bought the car with one fitted, I would have lived with a lip spoiler but that would be it. Anything else would have to go!

Hi I an looking at the very narrow boot one, I have seen one and they don't look too bad

I resisted on my W211 because it ruins the lines for me.

I think you've got a point; I don't think it suits every model, but I think the CLK (for example) looks better with the lip.

Try to get an OEM lip spoiler from Mercedes. I had an AMG spoiler on my C-Class, bought from Mercedes for very little, and to my eyes it sharpened the rear of the car perfectly :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom