Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercpaul

Car
mercedes benz c220 amg sport plus
Hi boys just bought my self a mercedes amg c220 sport plus and want to buy a nice boot spoiler like this one. Spyder Type I 52 Inch Double Deck GT Wing Aluminum - Black - GTW-SP-TI-BK. but it says it's for a w204 or w2o6. So my question is is the w204 the same model as my c220 is that whet there are called in America or Germany or something any help much appreciated thx

It's a 2012 model my merc what does the w204 meen when buying a spoiler

Yer that looks like my model so would the spoiler fit if it say w204

W204 is the designation for the C-class from 2007-2014. The new C-class which has been released is W205.

Yes if the description states it is suitable for W204 then it will fit your car.

You didn't own a CL prior to your recent purchase did you?

image-2920599546.jpg

image-2213365651.jpg

Talking of spoilers
Has anyone fitted either of these to an E class coupe thinking of buying both they also come painted in the colour required.
My car is silver with a pan roof so was thinking of getting both in black
Any thoughts ???

Oh dear, personally speaking, it would suit a Scooby do (maybe) but would look awful and a car with a bit of class and would just look awful and so so wrong.

Valid comments thanks save myself a few £££££ then

I think it was a reference to the original poster wanting to attach a plank and some scaffolding to the boot of his car. Your E Class, have you considered a black roof spoiler and a white boot spoiler?

FWIW that Spyder pram handle isn't a spoiler. It's supposed to be a wing but isn't really one of them either when stuck to the boot of a saloon car as to work* they need to be high enough and far enough back to see clean airflow. A spoiler on the other hand needs to be attached to the body as it's job is to disrupt airflow. When manufacturers stick spoilers on some (faster) models it's often to flip the air and stop it reattaching at higher speeds where it can cause buffeting. Sometimes they add them as drag inducing stick on tat in the name of styling too[ /pedantic]

* While it WILL generate drag increasing fuel consumption if/when you're going to fast enough (WELL above the national speed limit) for it to generate downforce, well reduce lift maybe, all it'll do is totally screw up the balance of the car making the front end go light. Oh except the car probably won't go as fast (on a track obviously :p) due to the extra drag

Stick on tat :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom