Sponge or wash mitt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david b

Which is the best for washing a sponge or the new type wash mitts?

Which is the best for washing a sponge

I would use soapy water to wash a sponge :D and wash the washmitt in the washing machine on a cool wash :D

sorry - couldnt resist it :p

I'm old fashioned I use Imperial Leather Soap and face cloth. Although a wash mit is nice on your back;)

Careful, or he may install a Loofah somewhere that won't go on the mod's list!

Take two bottles into the shower ??!!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

buellwinkle said:
I use sheepskin mits. Sponges trap dirt inside the pores that doesn't always rinse out.
I use a sheep skin mitt too :bannana:
With a sponge the dirt is trapped between the sponge and the paint :crazy: With a wash mitt the dirt goes into the pile until you rince.

I get my Sheep Skin Mitts from http://www.sheepskinshop.co.uk/accessories.htm Great service and great products !! ;) Check out their main page for a host of other Sheep Skin products !! www.sheepskinshop.co.uk
Once you get the Wash Mitt and feel how nice it feels :eek: You'll go sheep skin mad :devil: ha ha
EDIT - THe Mitts shown are coloured - The 2 which i received was Natural(White/Cream)

Last edited:
Been thinking about a wash mit for a while - might give that company a go - thanks Aletank.

buellwinkle said:
I use sheepskin mits. Sponges trap dirt inside the pores that doesn't always rinse out. The best car wash system is the Mr. Clean Autodry, you rinse and air dry. I believe that most of the damage to your finish is in the drying. If you hand dry, then use micro-fiber towels.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/index.shtml

I mean where you get one of these, looks cool!

Check some online retailers or ebay.com, some may ship to the UK. It costs about $20 US for the device and then refills are about $5 for soap and $5 for filters that are good for 10 washes.

Wash Mitt every time. For all the previous mentioned reasons, plus your hand is insulated against the cold. (rather like a wet suit)

Make sure you keep it clean and before use I always check for any trapped foreign objects.

Good luck with your choice.

I use Meguairs products which were recommended to me, and here I am six months later recommending them.

Take care,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom