Sponsorship Letter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Castrol HQ is in Swindon (Wakefield House, Pipers Way, SN3 1RE) - I'm in the building quite a bit.

I used to be - I worked there for three years!

I stand corrected! Do not they not occupy the old Hoover building on the A40?

Yes, they have a supermarket there and I think some offices, but the main HQ is a remarkably uninspiring group of offices in an industrial estate in Cheshunt! You certainly couldn't accuse Sir Terry of being corporate head office status conscious...

Excuse my poor grammatical sentence.........:D

I'm impressed that you decided to own up rather than just slip back into the post and edit it:D:thumb:

I stand corrected! Do not they not occupy the old Hoover building on the A40?

that's just a store as far as i know, they had to keep the frontage as its listed but drive behind it and its a regular Tesco store. dont know if the green lights were part of the planning :dk: it makes it memorable at least.

I'm trying to divide the "want list" into packages worth between £100 and £200 - can someone give me a hand please?

o Mobil 1 15W-50 (10 litres) (or equivalent 15W-50 engine oil)
o Castrol LM Grease 500g (or equivalent grease)
o Castrol TQ-D (17 litres) (or equivalent transmission fluid)
o Castrol Syntrax (13 litres) (or equivalent 80W-90 power steering and differential fluid)
o DOT4 Brake Fluid (3 litres)
o Air filter x3
o Oil Filter
o Fuel filter x3

I was thinking:

Pack 1:
o Mobil 1 15W-50 (10 litres) (or equivalent 15W-50 engine oil)
o Castrol LM Grease 500g (or equivalent grease)
o DOT4 Brake Fluid (3 litres)

Pack 2:
o Castrol TQ-D (17 litres) (or equivalent transmission fluid)
o Castrol Syntrax (13 litres) (or equivalent 80W-90 power steering and differential fluid)

Pack 3:
o Air filter x3
o Oil Filter
o Fuel filter x3

Pack 4:
o Wheel alignment

Pack 5:
o £150 Donation

How does that sound?

The quantities of fluids are based on a flush/replacement before leaving and enough to carry out a full refill again somewhere in the middle of nowhere...
M.

Last edited:
Rather than call them packs, maybe brand them as:

Diamond sponsor
Platinum sponsor
Gold sponsor
Silver sponsor
Bronze sponsor

It's all marketing BS I know......but may sound more sexy and appeal to the clients.

So therefore put the more expensive items in the Diamond package and work your way down.

Best of luck.

Though I see where you're coming from - the various packs are "worth" the same... or, that's what I'm trying to get :p

I just realised the MK2 Shogun doesn't have adjustable rear suspensions, so instead of £80-£120 for the alignment, it'll cost me £30-£40... So I guess I wont offer that as an option and just pay for it myself (assuming I can get the brakes done in time... still haven't found the hoses!)

M.

EDIT: Was thinking though; I could have 4 levels:
Individual: Name on site (£10+ level)
Bronze: Link/logo on website (£20+ level)
Silver: Link/logo on website, sticker on car (£50+ level)
Gold: Link/logo on site, sticker on car, logo on all printer material and apparel (£100+ level or a package)

What do you think?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom