Sporadic full closure from keyfob (C43)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Gentlemen,

When I try to invoke full closure (by holding down the lock button) this works only on average on 1 of 10 attempts. I've tried doubleclicking, different positions/ distances, still the same.

Any ideas as to why this could be?

TIA

I know on my car I have to point the key fob precisely at the receiver in the driver's door handle and from a close range (couple of feet)

The range thing I think is a safety "feature"

total closure will only operate via the infra red function on the key , which means the key must be pointing directly at the small black square reciever in the door handle , approx range with out any outside interference is 1m , hope this helps

Try operating it from both door handle recievers, see if the fault is common to both door recievers.

Thanks to all - it seems you have to point the fob directly at the door receiver - works everytime now!

Andy your car is awesome and has all the best mods- would love to see it one day!

Thanks, It has been photographed for a 7 page article in Practical Performance Car this week for the October edition.

I was just speaking to Will and Ed from PPC mag and they told me! Let me knwo when it's out. I'll be putting mine in for a reader's cars feature, but may want to add some of the mods you've mentioned first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom