Sport 2 suspension setting E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Almost unusable on the ploughed fields that pass for UK roads, absolutely brilliant in Spain. Doubtless this is the case in Germany too where they invest in infrastructure properly. I've spent the last 2 months 50% in Sport 2, 40% in Sport 1 and used the squishy setting for country lanes/dirt tracks.

Makes me wish I had gone for the adjustable dampers on my Golf R as I realise how uncomfortable it is much of the time compared to the E55 having put 4000 miles on in the last 8 weeks in total comfort.

Have also found the Goodyear F1s to be brilliant tyres. Quiet, grippy and comfortable.

I used to leave mine in SII. Maybe the roads where I am aren't too bad but they are shocking in Buckinghamshire and don't seem to be improving so not sure if I would have left it in SII had I still lived there.

Agree on the tyres. Will be looking at those when the time comes!

Mines in S2 most of the time unless the kids are trying to sleep then it goes into Comfort mode.

Mine's almost always in Sport 2 on what passes for roads in Norfolk, ie potholes connected by occasional patches of loose tarmac. Only time I use anything else is Comfort when going over speed humps and very occasionally Sport 1 on a long motorway trip with sleepy people in the car.

Out of Sport 2 the car suddenly feels big and lumbering.

My missus drives an M-Sport BM on run flats so I guess anything would feel plush compared to that though.

Comfort 99% time sport l now and then find ll that little bit harsh on our so called great roads here . When cruising doesn't the suspension default to sports l after so long at a certain speed anyhow.

Need new boots all round shortly so will look into the Goodyear see how they compare

When I lived in London the car was in Comfort all the time in the city and the same in Edinburgh which has truly appalling road surfaces.

I've generally found that the ride quality/shock absorbtion/handling mix is better on most UK roads in Sport 1. Extra body roll compensated for by better traction through ability to deal with small bumps/potholes etc etc etc. All personal preference of course. I know people who have their Golf Rs in sport all the time and its like driving round in a go kart (not in a good way!)

Its very nice being able to use Sport 2 here and have the car totally flat round bends but not have a jarring ride. Will be experimenting again with using it on better roads when I get back.

The Goodyear's really are very very good indeed and a nice saving over the Contis too (as well as being a better tyre IMO)

Comfort 99% time sport l now and then find ll that little bit harsh on our so called great roads here ��. When cruising doesn't the suspension default to sports l after so long at a certain speed anyhow.

Need new boots all round shortly so will look into the Goodyear see how they compare

IIRC it just lowers a bit over a certain speed rather than changing characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom