Sport Editions - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKEvo

Car
1972 300 SEL 6.3
Anyone got one care to relate? I'll probably be selling my CSL for something a little more mundane as a get me to work and back car and I quite fancy the look of the sport edition C class saloons. Although I am yet to see one up close and personal, purely MB's attrocious shots in their brochure. Anyone with pics?

How do they drive compared to the std sport models? I tried a C270CDI avantgarde sport on the weekend and was quite impressed with the turn in/ride compromise. The engine didn't do much for me at all (didn't expect it to). But what is the 150hp C220 CDI like by comparison, or should I fork out the extra for the new 320 CDI?

I'm not really interested too much in the performance, just whether or not the 220 isn't painfully slow and annoying to drive.

Is Auto ok on such a small motor? I gather not too bad on a diesel with all the torque - ? How are the manual boxes?

UKEvo said:
Is Auto ok on such a small motor? I gather not too bad on a diesel with all the torque - ? How are the manual boxes?
I've driven a new C220 CDI 6-speed manual saloon and 5-speed auto sportcoupé, both seemed pretty good. The 6-speed was annoying as I had to constantly shift to make it do anything, the auto is nice and smooth though.

Both still set off like tractors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom