Sport Steering Wheel Replacement Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liamb2001

Car
2010 Mercedes 350CDI Sport
Excited to finally become a Mercedes owner with a 10 plate E350cdi sport coupe coming tomorrow morning :)

Although i looked high and low for the last 3 months for the car ive bought with sunroof etc I had to compromise on a few things mainly being other than the sunroof its a very basic spec and the main point with the car is its the older dull black steering wheel which im really hoping to swap out for a newer silver and black sport / amg steering wheel.

Ive spent the last 3-4 days looking all over for guides and advice on the steering wheels and there seems to be a lot of different answers to this and im aware this is probably down to the fact its totally dependant on the age of the car and features around the steering wheel it has and the steering wheel i go for.

Ive been told by a person off ebay and a garage I can just buy a 2013 sport flat bottomed steering wheel and it will work fine, ive also read on a forum its just a case of replacing it. But then ive told by someone else definitley need a new steering column (but couldnt advise which one) and read a couple of posts on forums that it wont need a steering column but ill need to take the cicruit board out of the current wheel and make it smaller. Thes vary from amercia forums, the saloons w212, w207 and different years etc so i dont know if that all applies to mine..Im pretty sure mines called a C207 ? but would be great if someone would clarify ?

I would really apprecate any help or advice on this at all

If you car model/year was offered with the sports wheel then it may well be a simple swap, perhaps a bit of coding
If it's from a face-lifted model then you may run into communication issues. If the functions supported by the wheel buttons differ, again you may have issues.

thanks for the reply much appreciated.

Yeah thats the problem is it says in my spec sheet when checking steering wheel "Sport Steering Wheel" yet its the old plain black on so im wondering if they had designed or implements the newer one with silver trim in 2011 or 12 but nobody seems to be sure for certain, even MB told me to email support and theyve not got back to me to confirm it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom