Sport suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prc

Car
'05 C 220 CDI
This is on behalf of a friend with a facelift w203 sport 220CDI. Suspension is shot at 120000km so now looking for an upgrade/replacement.
Was wondering if the AMG suspension kit is worth the money or should he go for a cheaper koni w/ eibach or H&R setup. Not that interested in lowering as he works in Lisbon so has to park on the walkway ocassionally..;)

He is willing to sacrafice a bit of comfort.

I have lowered or uprated the suspension on most of the cars I've owned - My coupe has Eibach's.
I've got to say though, having driven an 06 (sedan) with the sport pack, it felt 'spot-on' still comfy - but just firm enough.
If your mate's not bothered about lowering it, I'd just replace the sport pack set up. If his current suspension is 'shot', It will be a world of difference.
I've not driven an AMG model, so couldn't tell you how they compare.

yeah I have upgraded to the sport pack suspension and feel it to be the perfect compromise. He wants something better without going full out for some a coil-over.

Kleemann stoped production

E-mailed Kleemann for my friend because of the speed sensitive shocks..Just got mailed back that they stopped production because no one bought them..:eek::(
Mercedes dealer gave him a discount price of 2081euros for an AMG kit (think it was springs,dampers,roll bars)..:eek::eek:

Has anyone tried koni FSD with eibach/H&R?

And the winner was......B14 PSS system...:bannana:

I am extremely curious as to how this will work on car. Always want to try the PSS9 or the H&R coilover kits but never found anyone who actually owned a mercedes with them. I guess now I do...:D

This is on behalf of a friend with a facelift w203 sport 220CDI. Suspension is shot at 120000km so now looking for an upgrade/replacement.
Was wondering if the AMG suspension kit is worth the money or should he go for a cheaper koni w/ eibach or H&R setup. Not that interested in lowering as he works in Lisbon so has to park on the walkway ocassionally..;)

He is willing to sacrafice a bit of comfort.

Apologies for hi-jacking: What are the symptoms that make it feel shot? Mine (C220 CDI SE Coupe '05) is close to that mileage, its been deteriorating over the last couple of thousand miles so need to decide whether its repair or replace the suspension.

I'm getting the Bilstein B12 kit fitted to my W203 tomorrow :D

Can't wait.... :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

I'm getting the Bilstein B12 kit fitted to my W203 tomorrow :D

Can't wait.... :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Congrats...:D
All kits lowered the car too much for me. Went with stock upgrade and am very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom