Sport vs Comfort mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there anyway to stop the car defaulting back to “C” when you restart it. I would much prefer i could specify the default mode. Either that or it should restart with the mode last used!

Newer models will stay in the last setting for 4 hours - ergo I assume there may be a workaround somewhere for older models.

How new? Mines 2018 so not THAT old yet. It’s a small thing but a niggle. Would love to be able to get mine changed if possible....

How new? Mines 2018 so not THAT old yet. It’s a small thing but a niggle. Would love to be able to get mine changed if possible....

Not sure mate mine is 2017 and has it. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folk than me that will advise.

Not sure mate mine is 2017 and has it. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folk than me that will advise.
Mine is 2016 and has it, if I use the I* setting I can turn stop start off completely for the whole day.

Someone on the other thread looking for R232 SL400 advice, you might want to post before I talk him into buying the SL500 ;-)...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Someone on the other thread looking for R232 SL400 advice, you might want to post before I talk him into buying the SL500 ;-)...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Hard to pull people away from V8s but I'll do my best!:)

Thanks for clarifying that Mike. I thought that I had read that somewhere ages ago and when I bought the C43, it was a bit jerky 4,000 miles and I wondered if they had been driving with the paddles as I don't. I told someone that i'm sure they 'learn' from the driver and was told that was nonsense. It's smooth now up and down the gearbox in auto mode (I never use paddles in any cars, I just let it do it's thing). No lag on mine, I keep it in comfort and averaging about 33 mpg. Very pleased.
If you can average 33mpg in a C43 then you aren't driving it properly :D

If you want a more instant response then you want an engine with a load of torque and supercharged rather than turbocharged.

Obviously as large an engine as possible IMO but then fuel economy goes out the window.
Your BMW has sport as the default setting..... honestly the nerve of people

If your car has flappy paddles then down shift while in comfort mode as you approach or are stopped at the roundabout. You will then be in gear 1... happy racing ...

Here's one source / explanation of the the Transmission Control Unit "learns" the driving style of its owner. It gradually changes when the new owner arrives, and does change in the course of ownership, depending on how your driving style evolves:

Here's the write up on "Mercedes Medic" You are being redirected...

Nothing unique to Mercedes, of course, BMW, Porsche etc all have comparable learning systems.

(And TBF, we do also get used to a car the more we drive it, the car adjusts to you, and you adjust to it...)

It does take a bit of getting used to but it works very well.

When I need to make a quick overtake in Sport mode (auto), I wait for a clear path, put my foot down one second before needed (the one second pause before response). The car kicks down, swift overtake, as I pull back in, the car holds the gear at over 4000 rpm.
So at this stage, its programmed not to change up yet since I just made an urgent request and I might still need a quick throttle response. After a couple of seconds, if I don't accelerate further, it then changes up and goes back to normal cruising revs.
I like the feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom