Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall - 19.07.2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi.

The date for SCITP at Lotherton Hall, Leeds is Sunday 19.07.2020. Tickets will be on sale later in the year. If you wish to be part of the MBClub.co.uk Group please make sure you select that option when buying your ticket. To be parked as a “Group” there needs to be at least 10 cars booked under the MBClub.co.uk, otherwise we will be allocated a space in “Germany”.

https://www.sportscarsinthepark.co.uk/welcome.php

NOTE- If you have bought tickets previously for SCITP your parking allocation will default to your last purchase.

Looking forward to seeing old MBClub.co.uk friends and hopefully making some new ones :thumb:

Andy

This is what was on the email I received...

Summer - Lotherton hall - Cancelled

Over the years this venue has proved the most demanding in terms of time and paperwork. After dragging their repricing structure over several months this year. Lotherton Hall and Leeds Council have issued new charges for events in the last few weeks. Doubling the cost to us and limiting the display cars to 450 including SCITP staff, traders, first aid and security. We do not have any sponsors for this event. As such, the venue is now not viable as an event going forward. The risk of significant financial loss is too high to continue for SCITP. We are now having to unpick all the booked services and absorb the loss of deposits.

We are now on the lookout for a replacement summer venue. One that is not owned by any council.

This in no way affects our Newby Hall or Castle Howard events.

Here’s hoping Coronavirus doesn’t stop any as well :eek:
Well as it said in the email.

Corona Virus

We currently have no plans to cancel our events unless requested by the government. If we are asked to cancel the event, full display ticket refunds will be given.

Refunds will also be given to sponsors, minus any advertising they have received.

SCITP have a financial buffer in place for such issues. We are about making fun big car events happen in Yorkshire. Lucky we are car addicts ;)

We strongly suggest you join our Facebook group to keep up to date with what is going on.

So lets hope not:thumb:

I don't think that the loss of the Leeds one will be a bad thing to be honest. It's always seemed the poor relation to the Newby Hall one at Ripon.

I've been to the last few at Leeds and the amount of cars seems to have been dropping year after year, as does the quality to be honest. It was like walking round a Tesco car park in parts last year with a distinct lack of "show cars". I've always liked the Newby one but struggled to make it to many of them as it's usually the week before Benz on the Green so it gives me little time to prepare. This year may hopefully be easier as I now don't have the inconvenience of work to get in the way. :)

Also looking forward to the Castle Howard one which will hopefully turn out to be a good venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom