Sports Cars in the Park - Newby Hall 8th May 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
Just a quick heads up that Sports Cars In The Park are hosting their first meet this year on the above date, which will be held at Newby Hall near Ripon. They will be having a later one on the 4th September at Castle Howard but it seems that they're no longer running the Leeds venue (Lotherton Hall).

Newby Hall is an excellent place and, when I went last year, was a lot better organised than on previous times, with queueing kept to a minimum at the gate and good access to the site. It was let down by a lack of trade stalls but apparently there was limited notice given due to us just emerging from lockdown.

Hopefully see a few of you there, tickets must be booked and paid for in advance on the linked site or you won't get entry to the main grounds.

Quick bump on this as it's only 3 weeks away now, or at least will be this Sunday.

Nearly 600 cars booked in now so it should be a lively event, hopefully with a fair bit going on. As mentioned above, don't go without tickets, you won't get in.
I've just put mine in the glovebox as I have been known to forget things...

I may well get a ticket for this :)

Quick bump on this as it's only 3 weeks away now, or at least will be this Sunday.

Nearly 600 cars booked in now so it should be a lively event, hopefully with a fair bit going on. As mentioned above, don't go without tickets, you won't get in.
I've just put mine in the glovebox as I have been known to forget things...
Are people meeting anywhere prior to the venue before hand ?

Are people meeting anywhere prior to the venue before hand ?
I'm staying in Wetherby with a mate the night before so will just be running straight in on the Sunday morning as it's only about 20 minutes away.

Are you just going to park in the public car park or exhibiting?

Are you just going to park in the public car park or exhibiting?
Exhibiting, though not in a roped off section. There are currently over 800 cars attending so it should be an interesting day, now including live music and a good few stalls selling stuff.

Just been looking for pictures from last years event which was relatively quiet though, as is normal for me, I seem to have deleted them.

Exhibiting, though not in a roped off section. There are currently over 800 cars attending so it should be an interesting day, now including live music and a good few stalls selling stuff.

Just been looking for pictures from last years event which was relatively quiet though, as is normal for me, I seem to have deleted them.
I found one from Lotherton with us on 😁

Attachments

• E85A3CBA-1B0B-4B3D-9178-5BCBA05B851F.jpeg
    E85A3CBA-1B0B-4B3D-9178-5BCBA05B851F.jpeg
    606.4 KB · Views: 13
Someone bumped into my car last week so I won't be exhibiting now, just coming as spectator with some friends. Somewhat annoying.

We are up near Thirsk on holiday for the week and ventured over to Newby Hall for the Sports Car Show, a last minute choice. It took us over an hour to get in with traffic converging from all directions, bloody nightmare!
Once in, wow! Never been to a show so well attended, even beats the Billing Aquadrome American Car Show.
Didnt see half the cars there as we did the house tour and river trip, we our on holiday after all.
Best bit was standing by the exit gate watching and listening to all the cars giving it full throttle ( showing off ) when leaving.
I think my next car will be a Porsche or a McClaren or a ——— dream on boy!

We are up near Thirsk on holiday for the week and ventured over to Newby Hall for the Sports Car Show, a last minute choice. It took us over an hour to get in with traffic converging from all directions, bloody nightmare!
Once in, wow! Never been to a show so well attended, even beats the Billing Aquadrome American Car Show.
Didnt see half the cars there as we did the house tour and river trip, we our on holiday after all.
Best bit was standing by the exit gate watching and listening to all the cars giving it full throttle ( showing off ) when leaving.
I think my next car will be a Porsche or a McClaren or a ——— dream on boy!
Yeah there really was some noisy exits made for some good viewing 😁

I took a few photos but I can't remember which hosting site Mark on here suggested doh. I will pop them on later. I only took half a dozen of my favourites :)

I found the hosting site so here are a few pics from yesterday. Had to queue from 3 miles away to get in and the car needs a wash after going along the dusty track to get in and out but there were some great cars there. Really enjoyed it. The little white one at the end is my toy that I bought last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom