Sports grille emblem for W211 E Class needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maestegman

Car
2003 E270 CDI Elegance
I need to get hold of a replacement MB star sports grille emblem for my W211.

Apparently, MB only offer an entire grille replacement for £150 + VAT.

I've tried eBay and gone through the online scrappies but to no avail.

Any ideas?

I need to get hold of a replacement MB star sports grille emblem for my W211.

Apparently, MB only offer an entire grille replacement for £150 + VAT.

I've tried eBay and gone through the online scrappies but to no avail.

Any ideas?

W211's have never come with sports grilles?

Exactly what I thought but, apparently, mine does.

There's no "stand-up" badge on the bonnet just the flat MB one.

The grille (apologies for the lack of technical know-how) has shiny black vents and (up until someone removed it) a silver plastic MB star in the middle of it.

Exactly what I thought but, apparently, mine does.

There's no "stand-up" badge on the bonnet just the flat MB one.

The grille (apologies for the lack of technical know-how) has shiny black vents and (up until someone removed it) a silver plastic MB star in the middle of it.

That will be some sort of aftermarket grille.

You may find that the missing star was a genuine MB star off a van or a lorry, what size was it?

There used to be another 2003 E55K near me which had a flat bonnet badge and the Merc badge within the grill so they are out there - if this is what you are talking about?

That will be some sort of aftermarket grille.

You may find that the missing star was a genuine MB star off a van or a lorry, what size was it?

Thanks Nick. I've spoken to MB and they have confirmed that it is a genuine part but the star isn't available on it's own. Obviously, I don't really want to buy the full grille.

The star is approximately 7.5".

There used to be another 2003 E55K near me which had a flat bonnet badge and the Merc badge within the grill so they are out there - if this is what you are talking about?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It looks really good - when it's in place :)

Don't do it!!!!!

The W211 was born to have a plain grille with the bonnet star, not a great whopping Axor star!

I'll cry myself to sleep if you do it!!!

Don't do it!!!!!

The W211 was born to have a plain grille with the bonnet star, not a great whopping Axor star!

I'll cry myself to sleep if you do it!!!

Really sorry sweetpea but it was like it when I bought it back it March.

I hear what you're saying but it looks daft at the moment with a black plastic fitting where the silver star used to sit.

Thanks Nick. I've spoken to MB and they have confirmed that it is a genuine part but the star isn't available on it's own. Obviously, I don't really want to buy the full grille.

The star is approximately 7.5".

None of the "sports" grilles are genuine, the only bit that might be is the star.

Thanks Nick. That's really interesting.

Originally, when I contacted MB Parts they explained that the actual star was available to purchase for £27+VAT.

However, when they put me through to my local dealers, they explained that the star was not available to buy separately.

I went back to MB Parts and they redirected me to another dealers who confirmed that I couldn't purchase the star on its own but I could purchase the grille.

I visited the local dealers and the fella on the parts desk (at MB Bridgend), who was very helpful, confirmed I could only buy the whole grille.

I visited the local dealers and the fella on the parts desk (at MB Bridgend), who was very helpful, confirmed I could only buy the whole grille.

There is no star grille for a 211, but endless aftermarket ones, most of which use genuine star off vans as they are cheap, I would imagine that you'll find one to replace your missing one, but working out which one they used will require some dectective work.

I've got a Vito star on my desk for some reason, and that's 6.5", so a Sprinter one might be worth looking at.

Thanks again Nick. Your help here is hugely appreciated.

I've just been outside and measured the badge. It has a diameter of exactly 7.5".

Looks like I'll need to recalibrate my search.

Thanks again Nick. Your help here is hugely appreciated.

I've just been outside and measured the badge. It has a diameter of exactly 7.5".

Looks like I'll need to recalibrate my search.

It might be one of these:

euromercwebstore: Grille Star

I'll measure a few tommorow.

Could be a sprinter, sl, 163 or off some sort of lorry - but the lorry ones are normally a bit too big.

That's fantastic -cheers Nick. I'd rip their arm off for a replacement under a tenner :)

The star that was originally on my grille had "L" shaped hooks on the back of it. To attach the star, I remember that I had to slot the hooks into the holes in the fitting in the grille and rotate to lock.

What size the the W126 SEC grille star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom