Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Ellie Simmonds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • David Weir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 41 49.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 65149

I've only been allowed to put 10 names on the poll, the other two being Nicola Adams and Sarah Storey. They're both very worthy competitors with tons of ability and great personalities, but I think they MAY be at the bottom of the list for the general public. If you would vote for either of them please just put their name as the first line of your response.

With so many deserving winners I find it really difficult to chose. I've finally managed to get it down to two: Bradley and Jessica.

Bradley's unique (for a Brit) TDF victory was amazing. Following it up soon after with an Olympic gold was outstanding. He's a total nutter with lots of personality. He deserves to win, and probably will. His TDF win was very much the result of a massive team effort, most notably from Chris Froome. But his single-minded determination brought him success.

Jessica is simply totally amazing in all respects. She was desperately unlucky to be injured just before Beijing so that made her London gold all the sweeter. She performs at the highest level in a range of althletic events, many of which are more suited to taller and stronger women. She has a fabulous body that we can only drool at of course. But the winner for me is her smile. :) She's been in third place twice before, surely she should win this time round.

So that's it, I've finally decided, Jess gets my vote. :thumb:

The pride of South Yorkshire Jess Ennis should win.

Edit; how's Andy Murray made it into Sports Personality Of The Year? Don't you have to have one first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Bradley Wiggins.
Cycling 3000km over 3 weeks - now that's a real sport.

I'm always amused when the winners give their obligatory speech about what a fantastic honour it is and how it ranks right up there alongside their greatest achievements.

Of course, in reality it isn't any sort of official award. It's just a BBC TV programme !

I'm always amused when the winners give their obligatory speech about what a fantastic honour it is and how it ranks right up there alongside their greatest achievements.

Of course, in reality it isn't any sort of official award. It's just a BBC TV programme !

It also has the wrong title. It's seldom about Personality but Achievement.

Voted Bradley Wiggins.
Cycling 3000km over 3 weeks - now that's a real sport.
It's actually a lot more than that. The race distance is 3,200km but the riders cover far more than that because they spend most of the rest days on their bikes too, as well as a lot of the time before and after time trials.

Voted for Wiggins - mainly because I follow cycling. Plus he's probably the most recognisable of the lot to the general public.

And there have been years when we've had a dearth of both, so we've finished up with winners who've achieved relatively little but may have a hint of personality.

None of the above as none of them have a personality :D Also what is the criteria for the award, personality, achievement, promotion of British sport, giving time in sport to help others less fortunate :dk:

a jobs for the boys award IMHO

Voted for Wiggins - mainly because I follow cycling. Plus he's probably the most recognisable of the lot to the general public.

Not sure about that, I only took an interest in who he is because I heard he was a mod, and I'm really into sport, but I would imagine Mo or Jess would be more recognised by the public. Those two seemed to come out as the 'faces of the Olympics'.

None of the above as none of them have a personality :D Also what is the criteria for the award, personality, achievement, promotion of British sport, giving time in sport to help others less fortunate :dk:

a jobs for the boys award IMHO
As an example of some of the help provided by my nominee, Jessica is Patron of the Wells Sports Foundation which is a charity that involves 18 Olympic athletes visiting schools to inspire young people through its Athletes 4 Schools scheme. She's also a massive supporter of the Children's Hospital Charity and she's a patron of Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity, for whom she helps to raise money.

My award for miserable grumpy old git goes to .........

images

flaania1

Or, with the BBC's rather unfortunate record of rigging polls over the years, it may mostly be about who the producers have already decided that they want to win.

And they're off...

Let's have a sweepstake on how many pages...Better than a poll...:D

As an example of some of the help provided by my nominee, Jessica is Patron of the Wells Sports Foundation which is a charity that involves 18 Olympic athletes visiting schools to inspire young people through its Athletes 4 Schools scheme. She's also a massive supporter of the Children's Hospital Charity and she's a patron of Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity, for whom she helps to raise money.

My award for miserable grumpy old git goes to .........

images

flaania1

Not me then, bugger :D

It's background like that you need to make the decision, if she is a supporter of the Childrens Hospital and Weston Park then that's very close to my heart so my vote goes to Jess :thumb:

You should be a campaign manager for some of the politicians :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom